Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Motor Trend mag mentions 2009 V

2K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Z06CTSV 
#1 ·
Page 26, June 2007 Motor Trend

I know this has been mentioned 100 times before:horse: But its still nice to see in a national mag.

They wrote about the MB CLK63 (bad a**):worship:

They mention:

The Old Enemy New BMW M3

The Upstart Audi RS4

New kid on the block Lexus IS-F (no thanks):yawn:

Wild Card Cadillac CTS-V (sale in late 2008, engine LS7, 505HP)

#5 ·
Let me say this...One of my gigs is a spokesperson for a certain car company named after a certain president that was assasinated...ahem...how does that pertain to this thread, well, here goes.

From my experience on the show circuit, it's become pretty much a given that salespeople generally, A: have no clue what they're talking about, or B: say anything to get people into the showroom. While they mean well, they are not the most reliable source. Secondly, they're purposely kept in the dark until the last minute on pertinent details regarding future product. Not to say they don't have advanced notice, but generally, to protect the companies in which they represent from lawsuits etc, they know the moment said companies make an official announcement, and not a moment sooner. We as product reps/spokespeople, get notice a tad sooner, but must sign confidentiality agreements etc.

NOW, with all this said, I did speak to a Caddilac rep (not a salesperson) last week at the Pittsburgh show, (mind you they still wouldn't disclose 100% of the details), and they had this to say...It will be out in the fall of '08, as an '09 model, will have over 500 hp, will have an advanced stability control system, and will be offered with an optional automatic tranny, with a paddle shift setup, similar to Corvettes. Again, I wouldn't count this as 100% set in stone, but it's a stronger source than I've run accross thus far. I hope this helps clarify things...although, these he said/she said games, sometimes make the wait easier to manage. :highfive:

-Erik Valdez
Circo Meta Forma

#14 ·
Let me say this...One of my gigs is a spokesperson for a certain car company named after a certain president that was assasinated...ahem...how does that pertain to this thread, well, here goes.

From my experience on the show circuit, it's become pretty much a given that salespeople generally, A: have no clue what they're talking about, or B: say anything to get people into the showroom. While they mean well, they are not the most reliable source. Secondly, they're purposely kept in the dark until the last minute on pertinent details regarding future product. Not to say they don't have advanced notice, but generally, to protect the companies in which they represent from lawsuits etc, they know the moment said companies make an official announcement, and not a moment sooner. We as product reps/spokespeople, get notice a tad sooner, but must sign confidentiality agreements etc.

NOW, with all this said, I did speak to a Caddilac rep (not a salesperson) last week at the Pittsburgh show, (mind you they still wouldn't disclose 100% of the details), and they had this to say...It will be out in the fall of '08, as an '09 model, will have over 500 hp, will have an advanced stability control system, and will be offered with an optional automatic tranny, with a paddle shift setup, similar to Corvettes. Again, I wouldn't count this as 100% set in stone, but it's a stronger source than I've run accross thus far. I hope this helps clarify things...although, these he said/she said games, sometimes make the wait easier to manage. :highfive:

-Erik Valdez
Circo Meta Forma
" advanced stability control "I've been saying launch control or something similar for awhile on other threads.. They are developing this system for the super vette. All I can say is, this new V is going to be absolutely Killer:thumbsup:

#11 ·
NOW, with all this said, I did speak to a Caddilac rep (not a salesperson) last week at the Pittsburgh show, (mind you they still wouldn't disclose 100% of the details), and they had this to say...It will be out in the fall of '08, as an '09 model, will have over 500 hp, will have an advanced [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]stability control[/COLOR][/COLOR] system, and will be offered with an optional automatic tranny, with a paddle shift setup, similar to [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Corvettes[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Again, I wouldn't count this as 100% set in stone, but it's a stronger source than I've run accross thus far. I hope this helps clarify things...although, these he said/she said games, sometimes make the wait easier to manage. :highfive:

All of the above is what i heard from 2 diff GM sources. Also, both say it is the LS3 supercharged at $56,000 manual and 59,000 auto/paddle. I think GM people like playin w/ us!

#15 ·
I think it was a done deal that they would offer an auto with the paddle shift. I like the blown LS3 idea though as long as they breach the 500 hp mark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.