Dynomax Mufflers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Dynomax Mufflers in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Has anyone used these on their V? My shop has a customer with a Maggied V who he installed magnaflow ...
    2002BlueWS6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Dynomax Mufflers

Has anyone used these on their V? My shop has a customer with a Maggied V who he installed magnaflow and zoomers for and the guy couldnt stand the drone on either system. So he welded in some Dynomax turbo mufflers and the guys loves them. Like $350 for the job....

I've never heard dynomax mufflers on an LS motor. What do you guys think? Good idea, bad?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Re: Dynomax Mufflers

Exhaust sound is a subjective thing. I always answer the same in these threads:

I've heard 'em all, and I'd pony up for the Corsa. (Your taste may vary)
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    Exhaust sound is a subjective thing. I always answer the same in these threads:

I've heard 'em all, and I'd pony up for the Corsa. (Your taste may vary)

I agree completely. I was more interested in whether or not any of the V owners here had done this or if anyone has even heard a dynomax muffler. I have heard just about everything but never a dynomax muffler. I also have not heard anything of their build quality.

MescalVto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Not sure this helps, but I had a Dynomax on my '92 eagle talon (pretty heavily modded) Turbo - it was a good quality piece that was loud and kinda throaty (as much as a 4 cylinder can be); of course that car did also have a racing header, no cats and custom 3" pipe . . .

Seattle CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V (sold)

After installing some Kooks headers, my Magnaflows don't drone anymore. Sounds perfect, IMHO.

...and I have no experience w/ Dynomax.

Quote Originally Posted by MescalVto View Post
    Not sure this helps, but I had a Dynomax on my '92 eagle talon (pretty heavily modded) Turbo - it was a good quality piece that was loud and kinda throaty (as much as a 4 cylinder can be); of course that car did also have a racing header, no cats and custom 3" pipe . . .
    yeah that helps... I was seeing if I was going to get any responses like "you are going to put what on your car?" or "more like Dynocrap" Guess Ill have to be the guinipig and post sound clips..

NoSlackCadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Dynomax has a national tour going on. The tour involves a horsepower contest where the winner gets cash and a chance to go to Las Vegas. (too bad I didn't have dynomax mufflers when I dyno'd at the contest)

Any way, the have a demo engine setup to easily swap their different muffler lines on to the exhaust. I listened to all of them an the "super turbo" sounded best to me.

I am very happy with the sound of by system by Stainless Works, but if you want dynomax, the super turbo mufflers did sound very nice.

bjohnso0 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS V

I had Dynomax on 315 cube small block in a Chevy LUV a few years back. Kind of loud, like an older "muscle car" sound. The seam on one of them started to leak after a while, then they sounded like garbage. They are an "S" curved perforated pipe that goes through a stainless packing, nothing special. My opinion would be to stay away from them, but as was stated earlier, sound is subjective.

I love my Magnaflow on my V!

Hey thanks for the feedback guys but you were too late! I decided to pass on the turbo mufflers bc my shop had a pair of used Zoomer mufflers another CTSV customer decided he didnt want. Sold the pair to me for $100 and another $90 to weld in so this way I save some cash. Not a bad deal if you ask me!

My cat back will remain stock with the exception of the zoomers. So stock resonators should keep a quieter than regular zoomers which is all good. I get the car back this afternoon. I can't wait to hear the sound paired with my Kooks long tubes..... cross my fingers that there is no drone and they are not too loud.

Ill post results and maybe a soundclip if I can figure out how to mic it.... who know maybe I wont like them and Ill have him put the Dynomax turbo mufflers in afterall...

Ok well the Zoomers are all welded in. I really like the sound at idle. Has a deep rumble to it. Much louder than stock at idle. At WOT and with general engine speed its not much louder than stock, to my surprise. It definately sounds different but I expected it to be louder. I do have the stock resonators in so Im sure that makes a big difference.

Anyways for $190 installed I am really really happy. Absolutely no drone, good rumble, and not too loud. Here is a picture of the tips.... I honestly wanted them raised closer to the bumper but the guy said it would melt the plastic. How do Borla guys get away with this? Those tips are right up against the bumper and look the best, IMO. I still dont know how to do a sound clip so a pic is all you get sorry.
    Attached Images

Silver Dollar is offline Das jus fo decorations
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Have your shop fab an x pipe and put it in place of your resonators.

That will wake it up.

Luna. is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlueWS6 View Post
    Has anyone used these on their V? My shop has a customer with a Maggied V who he installed magnaflow and zoomers for and the guy couldnt stand the drone on either system. So he welded in some Dynomax turbo mufflers and the guys loves them. Like $350 for the job....

I've never heard dynomax mufflers on an LS motor. What do you guys think? Good idea, bad?
    I've never heard of anyone say that Zoomers drones. I know it doesn't on my car, even lugging the crap out of the motor, and I have the "oldest" Zoomers system around. Was he referring to B&B perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post
    I've never heard of anyone say that Zoomers drones. I know it doesn't on my car, even lugging the crap out of the motor, and I have the "oldest" Zoomers system around. Was he referring to B&B perhaps?
    Evidently the guy who had them on his V complained that they droned. I dont know. I dont hear anything so...

Do you all think the tips hang too low? Im considering taking it back and asking him to adjust the tips so that they are more tucked? Yea or nay?

Also correct me if Im wrong but if I put an x pipe in place of the stock resignators the noise will be excessive will no increase in performance. My cats are already hi flow from Kooks so I imagine that helps..

Luna. is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

They didn't do an X or H pipe when they installed your Zoomers? Wow...interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post
    They didn't do an X or H pipe when they installed your Zoomers? Wow...interesting
    No, I was going to put some Dynomax mufflers on the car which has Kooks LTs and a stock cat back.... mostly to make it sound better and give it better tips... wasnt really interested in spending close to a grand on a cat back for no improvement in performance.

But then my guy at the shop mentioned his other V customer who he installed a Zoomers cat back for. The guy didnt like the sound and had the shop cut the mufflers off and replace with Dynomax mufflers. So he had the mufflers just laying around and offerred them to me cheap and welded them in.

So Im all stock in the middle. I suppose its a little unusual.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.