141 MPH pic!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 141 MPH pic! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I got 146 but to blurry! It is hard to shift into 5th going 141 and taking pictures in the ...
    Clintonwmills is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

141 MPH pic!

I got 146 but to blurry! It is hard to shift into 5th going 141 and taking pictures in the dark all at the same time, but someone's got to do it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Smile Re: 141 MPH pic!

Whoa bro, you don't want to have an accident and mess up such a nice car.

ThomasO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 141 MPH pic!

I have been in a 140+ MPH car and it's not playin', it's serious stuff.........be careful. There is NO time for mistakes........none

Thanks guy, had to get it up there once. Got to be safe though. It was a big two lane highway with no other cars.

DANK is offline Cadillac Owners Member

That Is Wild.
    How Many Miles To Appaine That Speed?
    Dan

MotorMouth is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Nice................How stable was she at that speed. How loud was the engine.

Very stable, ride was so smooth. If i wasn't careful i wouldn't even know i was going that fast. She blow up to 146 in about a half mile. Never hasted at any speeds. She still had a lot in her. I am guessing it will go faster then 155 unless GM cuts it off!

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Come on. You can do better than that. I've had my 'normal' CTS up to 140 before.
    I want to see 160's from you V owners.

Note: Have someone else snap the pics. We wouldn't want you killing yourself or totalling that V(there aren't enough to go around as it is right now).

Swangin-&-Bangin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 DTS

Yeah I bet those V's will get up to 160... I have been 140mph in my 95 Acura Legend Coupe... And all that thing has is a V6 in it...

fmsmitty is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clintonwmills
    I got 146 but to blurry! It is hard to shift into 5th going 141 and taking pictures in the dark all at the same time, but someone's got to do it!
    You're an idiot. Surely you have something better to do with your time than endangering your life and the lives of others on the road by driving that fast and then being stupid enough to take a picture at that speed. Grow up. By the way...do your parents know you did this in their car?

Yeah buddy, you really know what you are talking about. You know exactly where I was and how many other lives where in danger! Thanks for the expert opinion. Yes my daddy took the picture and my mommy was in the back seat with my little sitter and her 3year old friend in the car seat, ******!

S10xGN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Clintonwmills
    Yeah buddy, you really know what you are talking about. You know exactly where I was and how many other lives where in danger! Thanks for the expert opinion. Yes my daddy took the picture and my mommy was in the back seat with my little sitter and her 3year old friend in the car seat, ******!
    Now there's a typical 21 year old's response for ya!

lowscola is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS

Hey Clint you might have to chage your login name to Clint Eastwood. I've had the fuel in my DHS cutoff twice. The first time I didn't know what happened until I looked down and realized how fast I was going and saw the max speed warning in my info center. I think I was around 120ish and really didn't notice...smoth, quite, and just a hair above 3000 RPM.

The whole speed limit issue is pretty crazy. On one hand you need to enforce limits based on capabilities of both car and driver, road conditions, pedestrians, etc.. otherwise there would be chaos. But then again every automotive commercial pitches performance, family sedans and all. Why create all these high performance vehicles mostly all of which are capable of doubling the speed limit? Why not just govern all cars to 75 if we don't want people exploring their cars capabilities? And who drives 55 anyway...

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Ill let this thread go for a little longer, then Im going to lock it...

ONly bad can come out of this!

Shaun V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Ive had a mustang to 145, and MR2 spyder to 135. Its amazing the difference between going 135 and 145! Now where are those (I hope its on a track) 160 mph pics?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.