Official LS3 release today? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Official LS3 release today? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Torque is certainly important, and plays a bigger part in getting off the line. But power is important too, it ...
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Official LS3 release today?

Torque is certainly important, and plays a bigger part in getting off the line. But power is important too, it is just not a real physical quantity like torque, you cannot really measure it and cannot feel it. Power is simply a function of torque over time. In an automotive application with gearing it is very complicated.
    I agree, the torque is what you feel when you hit the gas pedal, but power (even peak hp) is important too.

StealthCTSVJJL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS V

I agree, but the point is that at 436 hp the LS3 will have more than the M3, LF-I, and the Audi RS4, yet retain a very sizeable torque advantage which should certainly help overcome any weight differences. Above 100 aerodinamics is more important than weight and the V will have a clear advantage over those cars with anywhere from 15-20 more HP, plus lets face it the LS3 (also used in the Vette and probably the new Camaro) will have plenty of room to grow with mods such as headers, etc while the prevously mentioned cars are pretty much tapped out in NA form and would need to resort to FI, which will be dificult with the very elevated compression ratios on those cars. With 6.2 Liters the V would have enormous Mod potential.
    That said I still believe the new V will probably have a supercharger, perhaps running 50 or so less horses than the Vette SS, at around 500 which will make it a current M5 and E63 killer.

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!

Bob Lutz says the new V is gonna suck the doors off the E60 M5. I don't think the LS3 in that trim isn't going to get that done in a V.

I wouldn't complain if that's what shows up though.

Real Estate is a bit slow so it looks like my '05 is going to be around for bit longer than I intended. Good thing I like the car so much!

CVP33 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    1, 2 and 3 are all "Z06 Corvette".

As far as 4? Anyone's guess is as good as mine.
    Tony,

I kind of agree with you on this one. My concern is that the Z06 is pulling a lot less weight around with a much taller gear. The loads on the V with its curb weight and assuming GM keeps the 3.73 rear gears will be substantially higher. Maybe these pieces were already engineered with that in mind. Here's hoping.

barry007 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V FG2, BB, CAI...

i told ya i want in on the betting...it will be supercharged and be 500+ (maybe closer to 600 in its final configuration.
    B

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.