Scratches!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Scratches! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I was looking to see if anyone else has had a problem w/ their Vs and scratching during washing ect...Every ...
    A1beshouri is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Scratches!

I was looking to see if anyone else has had a problem w/ their Vs and scratching during washing ect...Every time I go out and look at the car its scratched more and more, i just cant believe the ammount of scratches on the hood, and on the top of he trunk, as well as on the roof and sides....The cars washed with a sham not a towl, and its professionally washed..and has been waxed professionally every 1 and a half months or so...could this be a defective paint job or what? i mean my brother has a 2006 BMW M5 and he has NO scratches... and he parks it right next to me,

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

capt. dan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Re: Scratches!

From what I have seen on my car and reading, its a soft paint that is going to get scratches and swirls.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ive-paint.html

I have ordered a PC to take care of it. I hope I dont have to do it more than once a year. I have had this one less than a year and it needs it.

Dan

MunjeetSingh is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by A1beshouri View Post
    I was looking to see if anyone else has had a problem w/ their Vs and scratching during washing ect...Every time I go out and look at the car its scratched more and more, i just cant believe the ammount of scratches on the hood, and on the top of he trunk, as well as on the roof and sides....The cars washed with a sham not a towl, and its professionally washed..and has been waxed professionally every 1 and a half months or so...could this be a defective paint job or what? i mean my brother has a 2006 BMW M5 and he has NO scratches... and he parks it right next to me,
    As a general rule, I dont trust any one washing or waxing my V but me. There are so many little gotchas that can scratch your clear coat. Zainos recommends using only 100% cotton, white towells, made in the USA. 100% cotton because its the only material common in towells that wont scratch your surface. Made in the USA because often foriegn products will claim to be 100% cotton, but in reality they are not. White because the colors in the towells have chemicals that can cause further damage. My advice, get the zaino starter kit, get a PC 7336 and goto bed/bath/beyond and buy some of the highest quality towells that they have. Remember to cut the borders off, because the material used in the stiching can scratch the clear coat also. Check the Zaino sites for all these details and more.

It may sound expensive, but in the long run youll save money and have piece of mind that no one is scratching your baby. Oh by the way, Zaino has a swirl / scratch remover that works wonders when used with a PC random orbiter.

Munjeet

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by MunjeetSingh View Post
    Remember to cut the borders off, because the material used in the stiching can scratch the clear coat also.

Munjeet
    Good advice, or you can get Griot's Garage Microfiber towels, which use 100% cotton stitching for the edges (no polyester).
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

I found micro fiber towels at pep boys. The other thing is any little specs of dirt on your sponge or towel hat will add to the scratches. You will have to use a buffer and hand or machine polish/glaze to get the swirl marks (mini scratches) out.

A1beshouri is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

thanks for the replies, is there any way to remove the slightly larger, but still very shallow white scratches? or can i only hide em w/ wax

ZEUSROTTY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    Good advice, or you can get Griot's Garage Microfiber towels, which use 100% cotton stitching for the edges (no polyester).
    I love Griots stuff...

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

I use only Griots stuff. I have to get an orbital with some different glazes to get the swirl marks out. They are light, buy I know they are there, and only I wash, clay bar and wax my car. My neighbors make fun of me in the winter with the big insullated rubber gloves.

DILLIGAF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune

thanks for the replies, is there any way to remove the slightly larger, but still very shallow white scratches? or can i only hide em w/ wax
    Thru the paint scratches?

Black?

Use Zaino!

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

For light scratches I use 3M Imperial Hand Glaze, followed by liberal usage of Zaino....works like a charm. For the deep stuff, I use P21S Multi-Finish Surface restorer....VERY AGGRESSIVE, NOT FOR NEWBIE USE....must be 'cut' with another product to keep from doing more damage.

F

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

I agree with ANYONE and EVERYONE that says wash your car yourself...I'm in a Better Business Buerau arbitration with a local car wash (supposed to be the best in the area) about scratching my driver side door...we'll see what happens! It was my fault for bringing it to someone else in the first place!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.