C&D story on the next CTS-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, C&D story on the next CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; ...
    daytripper is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

C&D story on the next CTS-V

Spied: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V - Daily Auto Insider

Lutz says the next Cadillac CTS-V will show up the M5.

BY ALISA PRIDDLE, PHOTOGRAPHY BY KGP PHOTOGRAPHY
    April 2007

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Lapping the Ring Video >>>General Motors is laying down the gauntlet. The next-gen Cadillac CTS-V won't be here until the fall of 2008, but, with an anticipated 500 horsepower, it has the BMW M5 squarely in its sights.

The next-gen CTS-V “will be at a power level only described as unexpectedly high,” GM vice chairman Bob Lutz tells CARandDRIVER. Sources say we should be prepared for a 25-percent increase on the current car—which means 500 horsepower.

And that has us dreaming of the 505-hp, 7.0-liter LS7 V-8 that currently powers the Corvette, although GM types say there are a few possibilities vying to cram themselves into the CTS-V.

Meanwhile, having recently driven prototypes of the new CTS-V, Lutz picsounced it “flat-out incredible. I’ve never driven anything like that.”
    And already he’s talking smack, warning a certain Teutonic competitor that unless the next M5 is substantially better, the CTS-V “will suck the doors off” the competition.

The new V is due in the fall of 2008 as a 2009 model. In the interim, enthusiasts must continue to embrace the 2007 CTS-V powered by the 400-hp 6.0-liter Corvette LS2 V-8 engine. With an-all new CTS sedan bowing this year, the ’07 CTS-V, which will stop production in May, will have to bridge the gap until the V makes its triumphant return as an ’09.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: C&D story on the next CTS-V

Probably a reprint of this story...but here goes.
    Bob Lutz is off and running with the smack on the Germans, and we're still a year and a half away.

Interesting note that the first gen CTS-V goes out of production next month. That kind of snuck up fast.

Brian R.

cky3396 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 V - Silver

it certainly sounds like a beast. but in what aspect is it going to "suck the doors off" (thats kind of wierd...) the M5? possibly in balls out exceleration. but what about handling, feedback, quality, reliability, and service (bmw is free, right?)

all im sayin is that its tough to bust into BMW territory when you consider the overall package

that being said, the lease on my e90 330i is up in about a month and the V is the only car on my list right now. i wouldnt mind assuming a lease that expires around, oh - i dont know - fall of next year.

Koooop is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

Sounds like pushrods to me!

I want a new rear end for my V, it'll come with a '09 wrapped around it.

Boing!

keeksv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04CTSVsc

Sucking the doors off = supercharged?

Just a thought.....

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
    ... GM types say there are a few possibilities vying to cram themselves into the CTS-V. ...
    That would help explain why previous threads have quoted so many "credible" sources with so many versions of what the powerplant will be ... LS this and LS that ... even an LS42! ... that's where my money is!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

04CTSVFLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

are they tackling the 2009 m5 or are the still shooting to beat previous model years? Having an 09 V that will beat an 06 m5 wont be that exciting. I want an 09 V that will the 09 m5 and the 2010 m5......

foofighter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by 04CTSVFLA View Post
    are they tackling the 2009 m5 or are the still shooting to beat previous model years? Having an 09 V that will beat an 06 m5 wont be that exciting. I want an 09 V that will the 09 m5 and the 2010 m5......
    lutz said in that article that

warning a certain Teutonic competitor that unless the next M5 is substantially better,

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

How was it Cadillac's fault that they couldn't make a car that could beat a car that wasn't even designed yet? When the V was released, the only sedan that could outaccelerate it was the E55. And the V handles much better.

Quote Originally Posted by 04CTSVFLA View Post
    At the mid-$50k price level, I'd settle for a car that beat the current M5 benchmark (including handling dynamics), with great interior, great feel, good shifter, no wheelhop, and a few updated electronics (better nav, ipod dock, etc). I couldn't care if a package like that gets beat by a 2010 M5. Value of it will still kick the M5's behind and jumpstart caddy's image.

Brian R.

Koooop is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

Bob Lutz should've have had a Mole at BMW. What the hell was he thinking!

I guess I agree with daytripper.....just sucks that they always seem to be attacking the old version of the car (as opposed to the next generation) I mean be competitive with the competition not the previous model year...that they shoulda kicked ass to begin with.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Huh? What, you want Caddy to change their model's cycles like women who adjust their cycles? Check your history. When the V was released, the new 5 series wasn't even out yet, nevermind that it took almost 2 years for the M5 to come out.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

After the C6 Z06, my faith in GM was restored (actually the C5 Z06 isn't bad either!).

I just hope the "bean counters" don't screw up the 09 V as much as they did ours.

Cad should drop the STS-V and the XLR-V, concentrate on a world class hot rod at a performance/price that the europeans can't touch.

A blown LS7, HUD, paddle shifting and a killer drivetrain.

With major support from GM Performance Products.

(Forget the six lugged wheels guys)

paddle shift? no way man that shits for suckas and babies.....6 speed manual is the only thing i will drive till i die. paddles/autos....makes driving way to boring for me.....

You guys arent understanding my point....When the V was released in 04....the e39(not sure of model...but 00-02) M5 had been out and was already on its way to being remodeled (as I dont think they produced it in 03/04/05) GM should have realized that bmw had something better in the works....and instead of matching the V's performance to the old m5.....(which it really matches quite perfectly regardless of what you guys say (look at the perf. numbers) They should of significantly surpassed the e39 m5 and m3 for that matter in all areas....but they didnt. Thats what Im trying to say. But a blown ls7 with a killer diffy would be nice....but no paddle shift (or make it an option) as I waaay prefer the 6 speed...even if paddles faster or w/e....it still requires NO SKILLZ.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.