C&D story on the next CTS-V - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, C&D story on the next CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; this is old hash...nothing new. F...
    Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Re: C&D story on the next CTS-V

this is old hash...nothing new.

F

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Back in 2002/2003 when GM was putting the CTS-V together there was no engine with a higher output than an LS6, so what would you have had them use?

For a first attempt at building a luxury performance sedan, they hit one out of the park. Now it's time to follow it up properly, and I have every bit of confidence that they will. Remember we're talking about the company that designed the C6 Z06- who saw that coming?
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

v84life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
    At the mid-$50k price level, I'd settle for a car that beat the current M5 benchmark (including handling dynamics), with great interior, great feel, good shifter, no wheelhop, and a few updated electronics (better nav, ipod dock, etc). I couldn't care if a package like that gets beat by a 2010 M5. Value of it will still kick the M5's behind and jumpstart caddy's image.

Brian R.

Yeah all that.. Plus we will have aftermarkettttttttttt. I CAN"T WAIT

04CTSVFLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

yea i dont doubt that our cars our sick. But Gm should of known that bmw had something in the mix to kick our asses. And if they had to put the ls6 in the 04/05 which is understandable (im an 04 owner and im happy) then they definetly shoulda upped the ante in thr 06/07 when the new m5 was out....they had an ls7....something shoulda been done to keep the 06/07 V's closer to the competition, instead of letting them slip away....again....I do agree with most of you that the c6 z06 has given me knewly found hope, I just wish Gm chose to stay ahead of the game, instead of with the game or slightly behind the game when it comes to the V.

There's always going to be a "rubber-band" effect when it comes to cars (or any other product for that matter). Guy #1 is on top, then someone one-ups them. From there, Guy #1 spends a few years on R+D and gets back on top, only to have Guy #2 do it right back to him. It's impossible to be "ahead of the curve", as your competition will always one-up you.

Look at the Xbox 360: It came out a year before the PS3, and was awesome with a 20GB Hard Drive and RF Wireless Controllers. Then Sony comes along with a 60GB Hard Drive and Bluetooth. Did Microsoft mess up? No, they just paid the price of being first to the market.

gergreg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 RedLine Cadillac CTS-V

I don't think they should use a benchmark, they should make the car as good as they can. As fast and as good handling as they can, but they should put the quality of the drivetrain in front of the performance this time. And they should also get rid of the same shitty plastic shifter... which their 2008 CTS does have.

Edit: It needs to have Lamborghini doors standard, also.

v84life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver

Agree, agree, agree with you Tony. I'm sorry I don't really care if the the new V will ONLY pass the current M5 are you guys kidding thats a huge benchmark. Are we listening to ourselfs We want a future M5 eater for what 50-60k come on guys-gals thats asking a lot.
    Well thought out 500hp ,nice leather, blue tooth ipod etc. etc. and keep the current 3800approx wt. I'll be the first at the dealership. Sheet I'm happy with the car now I can only dream of the new cars driving exprience.

Quote Originally Posted by v84life View Post
    Agree, agree, agree with you Tony. I'm sorry I don't really care if the the new V will ONLY pass the current M5 are you guys kidding thats a huge benchmark. Are we listening to ourselfs We want a future M5 eater for what 50-60k come on guys-gals thats asking a lot.
    Well thought out 500hp ,nice leather, blue tooth ipod etc. etc. and keep the current 3800approx wt. I'll be the first at the dealership. Sheet I'm happy with the car now I can only dream of the new cars driving exprience.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 04CTSVFLA View Post
    paddle shift? no way man that shits for suckas and babies.....6 speed manual is the only thing i will drive till i die. paddles/autos....makes driving way to boring for me.....

You guys arent understanding my point....When the V was released in 04....the e39(not sure of model...but 00-02) M5 had been out and was already on its way to being remodeled (as I dont think they produced it in 03/04/05) GM should have realized that bmw had something better in the works....and instead of matching the V's performance to the old m5.....(which it really matches quite perfectly regardless of what you guys say (look at the perf. numbers) They should of significantly surpassed the e39 m5 and m3 for that matter in all areas....but they didnt. Thats what Im trying to say. But a blown ls7 with a killer diffy would be nice....but no paddle shift (or make it an option) as I waaay prefer the 6 speed...even if paddles faster or w/e....it still requires NO SKILLZ.
    You won't miss that clutch pedal when you have a gout attack in your left foot.
    (Don't ask!)

Yeah, as fun as a 6MT is, I've driven some screaming fast Automatics (A quick blast to 150 in an F430 comes to mind....). Hell, a Miata with the 6AT and paddle shifters is pretty damn fun, not to mention Audi SMGs, etc...

The modern Automatic can shift faster than any human as long as it's calibrated for performance and not comfort. I'd love to see Cadillac offer even more adjustability to their Driver Shift Control, similar to what Ferarri does with the Manettino. An all-out "race" setting that gives hammer up and downshifts would be outstanding, however unlikely.

04CTSVFLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

yet u all hate on the srt's for being auto.....doh!

ZEUSROTTY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

i am going down to caddy tomorrow and putting down a deposit...

Quote Originally Posted by 04CTSVFLA View Post
    yet u all hate on the srt's for being auto.....doh!
    They just hate them because an SRT8 300C is practically just as fast as the V and costs $7,000 less (comparing base prices).

HushH is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Nada

There's a big difference in an SMG or Egear type shifter and your typical manu-matic, though I'd still prefer a true manual over all of them.

I drove a 650i with SMG and a M5 with SMG. I really hate that transmission for all purposes other than driving fast...as hell. It is so damn jerky, perhaps I would have to get used to it, but my impression with both of them that they wouldn't be good for around towning.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.