My wife's 2007 335i vs. my 2004 CTS-V - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, My wife's 2007 335i vs. my 2004 CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; No limited slip diff. I didn't know. Still worth a try...
    v84life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver

Re: My wife's 2007 335i vs. my 2004 CTS-V

No limited slip diff. I didn't know. Still worth a try

andy92782 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: My wife's 2007 335i vs. my 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by ntechnic View Post

What's the interior space like 335i vs CTS-v? Hows the front seat space, the back seat space, and the trunk compare?

How's the road and wind noise compare?

You got the sport package, so how do the run flats on the 33i compare to the run flats on the V. Do they ride better? Are they cheaper to replace? Have you heard anything about their wear rate?

Thanks in advance,

ntechnic
    I replaced my CTS-V with a 335i. Front seat space isn't quite as roomy but I'm only 5'9" so to me it's no big deal. The car fits me perfectly. Back seat space is about the same IMHO. The CTS has lousy headroom in the back seat.

Road and wind noise are less. The car is solid and it feeels like it's carved out of a solid block of steel. Also, you'll probably never get any diff noise or weird drivetrain vibrations on this car like with the V. I looked underneath and the rear end is cast iron with an aluminum cover.

I have the sport pkg and the ride quality is very good. You can feel some harshness much the same way you could with the V but to us motorheads it's perfect. Not sure about the wear rate but nothing could be worse than the F1 EMTs. But I'm still not expecting more than 15K or so miles out of a set. They aren't cheap either but maybe a little less than the F1s.

The trunk is smaller but you can get the 335 with a folding back seat to help make up for it.

Regarding reliability, in my previous life I owned a '99 540i 6-speed. I loved that car but a lot of stuff broke down on it and thankfully I had an extended warranty. IMHO, the stuff on BMWs that break are usually electrical, cooling or other "peripheral" running gear. The motors, transmissions, rear ends, etc are generally pretty solid. The best way to "own" a BMW is not to own it but rather lease it. Their money factors and residuals are about as good as they get, and when you lease, you'll always be covered under warranty.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.