V ticking (Valvetrain?)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, V ticking (Valvetrain?) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Well guys, car has 200 miles on it and has a ticking noise. With the car idling and the windows ...
    ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

V ticking (Valvetrain?)

Well guys, car has 200 miles on it and has a ticking noise. With the car idling and the windows down you can hear it. It does fluctuate with the pedal, so I'm assuming it"s something in the valvetrain. Spoke to BDS and his car did it to, but has since stopped. He has about 3000 miles on his. Does anyone else have the same noise? Do you think the motor just needs more time to break in? If it continues I'll take it in. Car performs flawlessly. Any input would be appreciated.

Shane

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MotorMouth is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: V ticking (Valvetrain?)

No ticking noise at all. Ive got just over 300 miles on mine. In fact, no wierd noises at all and I hope it stays that way.

2004ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Just hit 300 miles today on mine also - no ticking or otherwise

Deltasendero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have 2000 miles on and also have the ticking noise. I hope it disappears after the first oil change.

Steve T is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Your "ticking" noise is probably the injectors. I have the same sound on my '04 Z06 and on the CTS-V. I had a 2002 Z06 that made the same noise. Just remember...race cars make lots of noise that you do not hear on "normal" cars

Was thinking the same thing. This morning when I started it up it did not tick at all. I think if it was the valvetrain it would tick worse till oil pressure came up. I'm going to see how it is after a couple thousand miles. Had the windows tinted today. Had to pull the backseat and rear decklid to do it right. Car looks a lot better with tinted glass.

Shane

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

If it goes away after the car warms up its probrably piston slap. I have it on my vette, and had it on my WS6.

It actually gets worse as the car warms up. Sometimes more pronounced than others. My WS6 (LS1) had the bent pushrod issue. Talk about a pain in the ass to get fixed (warranty). I'm just going to see how it goes the next few hundred miles.

Shane

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.