CTS-V chase car....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V chase car.... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I took her out of Manhattan this weekend to stretch her legs in Long Island. I drove out south on ...
    jnrandall is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

CTS-V chase car....

I took her out of Manhattan this weekend to stretch her legs in Long Island. I drove out south on the Meadowbrook to the monument/traffic circle near Jones Beach. I was about to head back when I spotted 3 ZO6's and a Porsche Carrera GT (not the 911 GT2 or GT3) entering the circle from the oposite side (Ocean Pkway).
    So I decided to tag along. After the circle, they took off on the Wantagh and I was in pursuit. They slowed down to about 50mph and then the Porsche and 2 of the C6 ZO6's got three abreast and took off again. The C5 ZO6 and I took off behind them. When I started to slow down, I quickly glanced at the speedo as it was coming down from 130MPH

Yes they all were faster than me, but the C5 ZO6 had me by about 2 car lengths and the others were only by about 3 - 5. I was pretty impressed that I could stay that close. I think one of the ZO6 guys was also impressed cause he gave me a .

I love my V!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ctsvflorida is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 Plat CTS-V

Re: CTS-V chase car....

Yeah Jesse, I posted a while ago about running two different Z06's and from 60-140 they were both 2 cars in front only and they were impressed. We now have almost the same stuff done so the results were the same! Good runs!

Oops, it said 'server too busy' so who would've figured it posted!

GMBOUND is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Good run,
    Beware to everybody, I seen on the news that here in Kansas and 5 other states Cops are now riding in 18 wheelers to catch us! They have all the equipment they need on board to clock us and then they radio a squad car to do the ticket writing. Screwed up if you ask me but I'm glad I know about it now.

Quote Originally Posted by GMBOUND View Post
    Good run,
    Beware to everybody, I seen on the news that here in Kansas and 5 other states Cops are now riding in 18 wheelers to catch us! They have all the equipment they need on board to clock us and then they radio a squad car to do the ticket writing. Screwed up if you ask me but I'm glad I know about it now.
    Thanks for the info. but it won't stop us! I've never had a speeding ticket or racing ticket...but I've been caught doing both don't get me wrong!

onebadcad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!

Quote Originally Posted by ctsvflorida View Post
    Thanks for the info. but it won't stop us! I've never had a speeding ticket or racing ticket...but I've been caught doing both don't get me wrong!
    Ain't that the truth. I had the V in triple figures twice on Sunday. Also witnessed a bike vs. Porsche go over 130MPH in front of me, the bike almost got clipped when the Porsche switched lanes, almost very ugly.

Holmes815 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 RAVEN BLACK CTS-V: FREEFLOW INTAKE w/K&N, MAGNAFLOW, CAGS

Does this sound right; Saturday night I was at a light with a car in the rearview I could figure out by the headlights, as I roll slow from the light the car jets to the outer right of the three lanes; I'm in second at this point so I punch it and push third hard. As I look to my right I was surprised to see a red Viper (I don't think it was the new one with 600 ponies) trying to keep up with me. My guess is that in a dead on race I wouldn't have a chance but I don't think this guy knew how to drive; either way it felt awesome to have a Viper trying and not succeeding to pass!!!!

--James

04CTSVFLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

now if only we could be 2 cars behind the c5 z06 at the dragstrip...because theyve been known to run sub 12's bone stock (or with drag raidials only)..so how in the world can our cars almost keep up with them in these street races but lose so badly at the strip...

V's-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Jesse I was out for a cruise also this past weekend, sorry I didn't see you on the regular route, I would have loved to join you, sounds like you had a great run.

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

You weren't dreaming, were you?

LOL

Ed

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

Hi speeds sound very exciting, and I had to be a kill joy, but I would also hate to hear about you t-boning someone and all the resultant headaches, etc.

Sorry for preaching.

Ed

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.