Credit To The V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Credit To The V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; You have got to give SO much credit to these cars that we drive and love. They have the power ...
    SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Talking Credit To The V

You have got to give SO much credit to these cars that we drive and love. They have the power of a Corvette and the handling of a Lotus. For anyone else that watches Spike TV's Bullrun, a lightly modded CTS-V would easily be the PERFECT car. Up until now there is no challenge it wouldn't have won, and with the navigation you would never get lost! Plus you would be riding around in leather and suede instead of a old uncomfortable muscle car with no headliner (but you HAVE to love the big bodies too!)!!

Props to Cadillac for making the ultimate daily driver, drag car, rally car, auto-x car, circle track car, and ANYTHING ELSE BUT A TRAILER QUEEN!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gergreg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 RedLine Cadillac CTS-V

Re: Credit To The V

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    They have the power of a Corvette and the handling of a Lotus.
    A Lotus Esprit perhaps.

propain is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Handling of a Lotus?? Lets not get crazy now...

onebadcad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    Props to Cadillac for making the ultimate daily driver!
    With that I can agree. Have not done everything else except for the dragstrip, and trust me, it can get very expensive. Glad to hear you are enjoying it, as these types of posts are always welcomed.

Seattle CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by gergreg View Post
    A Lotus Esprit perhaps.

I'd say the V handles just as well as any Lotus...as long as you don't turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle CTS-V View Post
    I'd say the V handles just as well as any Lotus...as long as you don't turn.
    Hahah . I agree with you there. With the sport shocks, the V's turn in is razor sharp but it's not going to get through that turn like the sub 2000 pound Elise. It is pretty damn good though.

As Jeremy Clarkson said (in speaking of the V): "that's because while designing the CTS-V the Americans discovered a book that in America is very rare - an Atlas and in the Atlas they found a continent known as Europe and in Europe they found a country called Germany and in Germany they found the Nurburgring".

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

As Jeremy Clarkson said (in speaking of the V): "that's because while designing the CTS-V the Americans discovered a book that in America is very rare - an Atlas and in the Atlas they found a continent known as Europe and in Europe they found a country called Germany and in Germany they found the Nurburgring".
    Sometimes I wish smug self-satisfcation was a liquid so Clarkson would choke on it.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

hahah I only used the lotus reference because it is one of the contestants in Bullrun!

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by propain View Post
    Handling of a Lotus?? Lets not get crazy now...
    As funny as that sounds, take a look at what Feff had to say about this exact comparison: (from http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...us#post1025938)

Quote Originally Posted by Feffman View Post
    Where to start? All I can say is WOW!

Guys I went to the track this weekend

...<SNIP>...

I’ll start with the best part. A friend and ironically fellow V owner (Ron) was there with his turbocharged (around 250-270HP) Lotus Elise. My third session on the track Saturday, I followed Ron and the V stayed right with the Elise and not just on the straights, but through the turns as well. Granted there was an extra 190 pounds (about 10% of the Elise weight) in the Elise as Ron had a passenger. Ron is a very good driver (OK Feff stop patting yourself on the back!). He came up to me after the session as I exclaimed “Now that was fun!”. We discussed the V and how much fun it is. Guys you probably won’t hear me say this often, but my V is MUCH better on the track (and day to day driving) then any of the five Lotus Esprit I’ve owned before. A good number of people asked about the V namely how much it weighs. I was the lone V at the track day and we suprised several Porsche drivers and numerous Audi drivers. The car handles flawlessly on track.

...<SNIP>...

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer
    www.MVPTrackTime.com
    Food for thought.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

Clarkson is the man.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Clarkson is the man.
    Wasn't he the dick that made fun of the dinging in the V when he left the key in the ignition?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

That was really stupid... Mercedes Benzes are the absolute worst cars in that regard. In the keyless S-class cars (2007+) or any keyless Benz, it will ding and remind you not to forget your car even if the damn thing is in your pocket. The CTS only dings if the key is turned to on and the door is opened.

The V does handle really well. I took it snow drifting and it was razer sharp.

1QUICKV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V SERIES

bull run is bulls&*t. The V would be a Pimipin cool car to be in that show. Plus it would let a lot more people know more about the V. m3 vs. cts-v =)

U have got to admit that it is a sweet show though...but like I said earlier...a lightly modded V would easily win that entire show as long as it didnt blow a diff (or you had one on hand to replace during the nights)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.