engine oil cooler
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, engine oil cooler in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; has anyone installed an engine oil cooler with headers? I have every adaptor and have not found one yet? I ...
    c5racr1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 cts v

engine oil cooler

has anyone installed an engine oil cooler with headers? I have every adaptor and have not found one yet? I want to go to one of the driving schools and would like this bit of insurance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

V-Max Guest

Re: engine oil cooler

I'd try a lower temp thermostat first. When I drove the C5 through snow this winter, cringe if you like, the radiator got clogged and froze up acrossed. Even with the fans cycling on at 225F the oil temps were right behind in the 220s. Normal cruise is 192-194F for coolant and 185 for oil. Could save you about $950!

Norm

Dennisscars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt

no problems here... Mine only gets hot when I stay too high in the revs. Grab another gear and drive like push rod motor and not like DOHC buzz box. even mo' cheap..

you want the oil to get hot enough (in normal driving) to burn condensate off..

Feffman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by c5racr1 View Post
    has anyone installed an engine oil cooler with headers? I have every adaptor and have not found one yet? I want to go to one of the driving schools and would like this bit of insurance.
    C5RACR1:

One thing to make sure is the computer has been reprogrammed by a dealer for the "Engine Oil Temperature Gauge Warning". My oil temps were reading off the chart at Heartland Park last month (about 105 degrees hotter then the water). Scared the crap out of me until (thanks to the gang out here) I found out about this:

The Caddy bulletin is:

ASI Resolution - Engine Oil Temperature Gauge Warning
    #04-08-49-017A
    (August 3, 2004)

This only shows up with sustained high speed or aggressive driving. If this corrects the issue, my oil temps at the track should be only slightly higher then the wate temps which at the track rarely climbed over 200 degrees.

Make sure when you do the oil change, you use Mobil-1!!!

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer
    www.MVPTrackTime.com

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Sorry I don't have any ideas for you, but on a side note, I've been curious... c5racr1: How's that beast has been behaving?

Quote Originally Posted by Feffman View Post
    C5RACR1:

One thing to make sure is the computer has been reprogrammed by a dealer for the "Engine Oil Temperature Gauge Warning".
    mm-m-m ... kinda doubt c5racr1 will be going to the dealer anytime soon.. with that LS7 engine stuffed in there.

c5racr1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 cts v

Thanks but I allready have a 170 stat, and the LS7 likes the high RPMs so swiching gears is nice but when all the power is between 5k and 7k aint tom much gear left to grab. rad is fine, and I have the re-flash my temps are not high, 230 range. I just dont want the temps to be high.

It has been quite good actually, drives like stock till you step on it. latest et at the drag strip was a 12.6 at 119.2 babying it off the line.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.