Quick questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Quick questions in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey guys let me ask a 2 questions. How would the dealer know if I changed the cam? Im afraid ...
    theloanman219 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

Quick questions

Hey guys let me ask a 2 questions. How would the dealer know if I changed the cam? Im afraid of voiding the warranty. The other question is I was talking with a mustang owner at a friends party and he said that his dealer said that they would not void his waranty if he let one of his mechanics do the work on the side. Have you heard of that??

Gene

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

The Hog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

Re: Quick questions

If it was me I just wouldn't say a thing about the cam if you have warranty work to be done. The only way to truly check would be to measure the lift from a pushrod and I doubt they would take it that far. Of course, if you have a rediculous cam in the thing they may just listen to it and laugh hehe

my service manager is a race guy. He has a lightning and two R1's. If were to go that crazy he would know. was just wondering if there are any tabs that would have to be broken to do it. Like electronices have that tape that if broken the the warranty is voided. Im still new to the whole sports car scene.

HushH is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Nada

As Hog said, depends on the cam. A very mild one and the dealer won't tell without digging in the engine, but you're not going to see huge gains with it either. A more wild cam will be noticeable simply from the lope at idle.

The mustang owner's story may be true. The service advisors will sometimes look the other way if they have some incentive too (i.e. $$$).

he is a cool guy. young and n to speed himself. But I still want to fly under the radar. But I don't want to spend a ton of $$ and not have that much gain. If im going to spend the money I want some good numbers. The other thing is do I find something that local or is it something that is special made?? I have a couple of vette guys that I know here in town. Maybe they can point me in the right direction.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.