I'm Getting There.....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, I'm Getting There..... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hello, its been a minute, thought I'd update the progress on My New Rear Set-up. First let Me say Thank ...
    CTSV05 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I'm Getting There.....

Hello, its been a minute, thought I'd update the progress on My New Rear Set-up.

First let Me say Thank you to Florian for his faith in Me.

Next, Thanx to Dan at Vansteel.

I'm done with the mounting system, frame clearancing, frame reinforcements etc.

I have solved the going from axle shaft to axle tube dilemma, I decided to just completely use the 3" tube for the axle shafts, thereby adding a much higher level of strength to the setup as opposed to trying to retain any part of the factory CV-Joint setup.

Now basically, I'm trying to determine the best route possible for using a 1 piece driveshaft, or actually, more accurate to say, adapt it to the V's unique trans output shaft setup.

I'm hoping to have this done and completely tested in the next 2 weeks.

I am seeking investors to help Me with marketing, and purchasing of parts. I also want to see about getting a couple complete cradles, and doing the conversion on those, thus offering this as an exchange system, as well as doing the install in My shop.

There will be no pics available, sorry, but I have been informed sadly, My idea on the cradle kit was hijacked by an unnamed company, to be used on the unnamed racecars, or at least rumor has it.

I intend to FULLY capitalize on this newest solving of GM's built in weakness on Our beloved V's. As I believe anyone in this great country should, when addressing and fixing a need.

I also have a idea for completely solving the rest of the hop not addressed by My kit, this would actually stabilize the lower control arm, with only minimal interference in ride quality, again, My monies are extremely short.

If any would like to contact Me concerning either of these ideas, I, after being convinced you arent a spy, will be happy to discuss the future with you.

Doug Klein, a hard driving V owners best friend.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: I'm Getting There.....

Are you talking about completely converting the rear to a solid axle setup? (axle tubes etc.)

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    Are you talking about completely converting the rear to a solid axle setup? (axle tubes etc.)
    Yeah that.

How far is South Lyon from Newark, anyhow?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

HUH?!

Noooooo.....why would anyone do such a thing?? This retains all the factory suspension.

No, this is replacing the sickeningly weak factory differential with a 3rd Gen Corvette Diff along with the axle tubes.......replacing the CV-Joint axle shafts.

I'm not sure where South Lyon is, but I'm approx. 5 hrs south of Detroit.

Chef is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

e-mail sent...

51PHFTY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

E Mail sent also..........

ctsvflorida is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 Plat CTS-V

PM sent. My Aol is whacked out tonight for some reason so had to PM.

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Why not a solid axle though? If your main purpose for the V is just regular daily driving and weekend drag strip? You would get a MUCH better launch out of a solid axle that is geared right. I know I'm going to take a lot of shit for it...but I would LOVE a solid axle conversion!

Don't get me wrong though, making the best out of what we got is also an excellent idea!

Agreed, and installing a 4 link straight axle type rearend could retain decent handling characteristics along with a better launching car.

Many here, Myself included, love the handling of the V and aren't looking for an all out one way fix, the desire is there to keep as much cornering as possible along with some durability in the ass end.

So while your idea isn't without merit, its just not going to be popular enough to sell it.

I could do one for someone if thats their desire, but I believe making the best of whats there is a much better bet.

This setup, which btw will include a stage 3 kit, should with sticky tires, be able to give you 3500-4500 clutch dropping launches without issue all day long.

My goal, is to see a V Dangling the front wheels with My setup on it. This version looks to be able to handle 600 ft lbs at the wheels easy.
    I can make a version available, same setup but higher dollar internals to withstand 1000 ft lbs at the wheels.

Eliminating the 2 piece hop absorption version of the driveshaft alone will help out there.

Now, I have no clue the effect on hop, I'm assuming none over My existing kit
    but there will no longer be any driveline movement under the car, this alone may help reduce hop some more.

keeksv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04CTSVsc

Doug:

Knowing that you have everything mounted the right way (as opposed to stock), I think you'll be surprised at the effect your new setup alone will have on wheel hop.

Can't wait to see the video.

Seattle CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V (sold)

Keep up the outstanding work! I know we're all anxiously waiting for this to hit the market!

stkshkr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Maggied V Black/Black

Doug,
    My wheels are just about dangling now with the drag shocks. I would love to get over the 2800 RPM launch. "Get er done" I'm your next customer

Looking forward to it!!!!!!!!

05CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 & 2008 CTS

Doug,
    Thanks for the plug and I'm glad you got it worked out. Another great thing about your set-up using the C3 Vette diff is that parts are readily available and can be upgraded even more for the hard core guys.

Dan

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Doug,

Cant wait to see/drive the finished product....I think that based upon what Ive seen at your shop and your dedication to excellence and our V's, youll have no problem lining folks up to get this solution installed..

See you soon.

F

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.