Ran out of gas - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Ran out of gas in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by GMBOUND Why would you want both mirrors to go down?? Let's say your parallel parking. The passenger ...
    vettethret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Dodge viper srt-10, 07 V

Re: Ran out of gas

Quote Originally Posted by GMBOUND View Post
    Why would you want both mirrors to go down?? Let's say your parallel parking. The passenger side mirror goes down to see the curb, the driver side mirror stays up to make sure nobody's slamming into your rear!
    I dont know but every lexus I've owned has done both mirrors and so does the wifes Bmw. I like it going down on the drivers side because I always park very close to the curb to avoid door dings. It helps me see how close the wheel is to the curb.

f2000keith is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyhauser View Post
    The low fuel warning does not give you much range. I was trying to run the fuel down as far as possible, and I only went maybe 15 miles after the warning first came on. My other cars have always been at least 2 gallons after the light comes on. Lesson learned, dont push the CTS-V low fuel warning.

So I was stuck on the side of the road, about 1/4 mile from the gas station that I was on my way to ironically, until my wife came to bail me out. But it was cool, the road was next to a rail line and my son got to see about 4 commuter trains go by.

To add salt to the wound, a guy in a mustang cobra, and another in a Charger slowed down to gawk at the "broken-down" Caddy on the side of the road

This didn't happen to you in Orland Park on 167th street did you? A few co-workers told me about a CTS (which some believed to be a V) which appeared to be broken down in front of our building (Panduit) last week. They were then able to conclude that they had only run out of gas and wasn't broken down after all. I guess they felt compelled to tell me since I'm also a V guy...

bossplayer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Redline

Quote Originally Posted by tx_metabaron View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's an option you can set,along with the honk,headlights timing after closing etc...
    My mirror did not do that when I got mine and I changed it so it did.
    I'm sure you can also go the other way around
    Would this not be the best possible option then?

Nuf said!

TaVern is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

"Outside Curb View Assist" as GM calls it, is only the passenger side mirror. Without electrical tape and dash parts all over your driveway, there's no way to do it with the driver side mirror.

As far as the original thread, the "low range" mode definitely sucks... I just drive it like a regular cts until I hit a fueling station... Then its

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by f2000keith View Post
    This didn't happen to you in Orland Park on 167th street did you? A few co-workers told me about a CTS (which some believed to be a V) which appeared to be broken down in front of our building (Panduit) last week. They were then able to conclude that they had only run out of gas and wasn't broken down after all. I guess they felt compelled to tell me since I'm also a V guy...
    No, rt 134 in round lake, 3 blocks from the BP I was on my way to. Why is it you run out of gas when you are so close? But that is not as bad as the time I ran out of gas after pulling out of a gas station whose pumps were not working.

By the way, I dont like the mirror going down, annoying. But then I never parallel park.

f2000keith is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I guess you can find comfort in that you're not the only V owner that this happens to.

Kurlee Daddee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Not to add salt to your wounds, but when my previous car (SRT-4) gas needle gauge got to zero before the light came on, it still had a 1/4 tank left.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.