CTS-V Demographics - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V Demographics in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; 59 yrs wife 58. Ctsv is wife's car which is black on black. 2002 black on black Z06 vette which ...
    maconpie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Re: CTS-V Demographics

59 yrs wife 58. Ctsv is wife's car which is black on black. 2002 black on black Z06 vette which stays in garage except weekends. I drive black 98 SS s-10 pickup to work. Wife drives V to work. Took delivery March 18th and love it. Great performance, Great ride, a pleasure to drive! Greenville, N.C.

lal373 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Turn 52 today. Executive at very large company. Wife + 3 kids, so sports car not an option. Have always loved driving (even NYC taxis back in college), and after having driven BMWs for over 10 years figured the decision would be whether to go with the new 5-series or a pre-owned from the final year of the previous 7-series (not at all impressed with the new 7). My wife kept bugging me to try the CTS based on looks, but it would never occur to me to buy GM product (have owned Italian, French, German (Audi and BMW), Swedish, Japanese (RX7, MDX), and the original Ford Probe GT Turbo, but have never respected GM products). Finally test-drove the 3.6 CTS just to "check the box", and was shocked ... then went back and consecutively tested the 530 and the CTS, and concluded they were virtually equivalent in driving capability and seating comfort, but the CTS is finer-looking and a relative "bargain" for comparable equipment.

Then read what type of engine and transmission they were putting into the V, and read about the suspension improvements, and placed my order without seeing one in person. Figure it fits my profile: My age (and "Caddy")sounds like "old man", but my body (and CTS) feels much younger than that sounds, and I'm still a teenager at heart (thus the V).

Have had it for 2 weeks now, and couldn't be happier. The acceleration is about what I expected, but the handling is even better than I had hoped, and the gadgetry is a blast .... and I feel like I got a real bargain.

But ..... still nervous about GM quality level holding up over time.

Clintonwmills is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

21 years old, young business owner.

First car 2003 escalade
    Second 2004 CTS
    Third 2004 CTS-V!!

tnitro is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am a 44 year old CFO of an automotive related manufacturing company.

My black CTS-V has just over 500 miles on it. My other current cars include a 99 C5 fixed roof coupe 6M (7.0L C5R based motor in the works), a 96 Impala SS, and a 97 Firebird Formula Hardtop 6M.

Your dealer should be able to give you the demographics if they care to be helpful. My dealer recently went to training on the CTS-V and gave me a copy of portions of the training literature. I am traveling tonight so I don't have access to it but going purely by memory, some of the demographics are as follows:
    Primarily male
    Age 38 to 50
    Mean household income ~$180k with a pretty good percentage >~$250k
    Performance enthusiast (lots of discussion on this in the materials)

Please remember, this is purely from memory. If anyone is interested, I can post more completely when I return home.

CTSV OWNER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Mean household income ~$180k with a pretty good percentage >~$250k

Oh crap I earn less in a year than this car cost. I'm 41 married no kids.
    Job: Mechanic, reason for buying a CTSV= gearhead.

It's going to be a struggle but I love this car!!!

-1-
    -1- is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

CTSV Owner, your my kind of guy (or person). I bet you're the baddest mechanic on the block driving to work in your V. Things like that get you motivated to get out of bed every morning.

Don
    -1-

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.