Who's Silver V at VIR last weekend?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Who's Silver V at VIR last weekend? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Okay...a friend of a friend was sharing his video from VIR this past weekend. Right around 10 mins, 30 seconds ...
    heavypedal is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 Raven CTS-V

Who's Silver V at VIR last weekend?

Okay...a friend of a friend was sharing his video from VIR this past weekend. Right around 10 mins, 30 seconds in....a silver V pops up on the camera. The guy who took the video mentioned he was running pretty fast. So, was this you?

http://hpjvids.com/crazycurves/temp/thscc407_web_384k.wmv

Regardless...check out the video...this guy was sucking up everyone on the track. p.s. He's a little modified

T

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hurley64 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Who's Silver V at VIR last weekend?

The track itself has or had a CTS-v along with the mini...

John

You mean VIR owns a CTS-V and a mini? I remember a Silver one from a Caddy dealer that sponsored the Grand Am held there last year.

There's only 6 or 7 folks on this forum from the NC area...figured it might be you or one other guy I was thinking of. You own a silver one right?

T

hurley64 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

VIR doesnt "own" the cars, they are loaners from dealers, couldnt tell if that one had stickers on it and am pretty sure that their V has VIR Club logos on it.

No, unfortunatly it wasnt me, as I just got back into town from an extended stay in bama. Will have the bike out there at the end of the month though.

Did you hear about what happened to Hendrick's CTS-V service loaner?

keeksv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04CTSVsc

might be trukk..

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

I was there two weekends ago (3-31 to 4-1).

My 3rd HPDE, and the first time I got to solo. What a blast.

On my last session of the weekend, I followed a new C6 Z06 around the track for about 5 laps. He had full slicks on his car, and I kept up untill my tires turned to mush. I think he finally got tired of me being on his ass, and cranked it up, and left me in the dust. [I have no illusions that my lightly modded V on street tires can keep up with a stock C6Z on slicks.] The cool thing though, is that on the back straight, he was definately hammer down (you could tell when the exhasut dump was open). He'd put about 8 car lengths on me over the mile long straight (I got up to about 145 ish, I talked to him later and he said he'd get almost to 170 back there). Very respectibly IMHO. [Also, he was also running solo, and posted over on corvetteforum's that this was his 4th hpde weekend in that car, so he wasn;t a complete neophyte. I think we were probabaly pretty fairly matched in the driver skill department.]

On another note, the entire weekend I was only passed one time, and that was after my tires turned to mush, as explained above, and that was buy a factory 5 cobra. The V continues to impress as I learn how to toss it around a road course. I had no brake fade at all , and I was getting on it pretty hard at the end of the 2nd day. I definately reached the limites of the RT 615's (tw -200) that last session.

I had a bunch of people come up and talk to me about my car. I also overheard a few people talking about my car over lunch on sunday . Kook + Corsa = sound to talk about. Finally, porch and biiimer drivers don't especially liked to get continuosly passed by a caddy-wack

I'm looking forward to more track time over the summer at VIR! I'll probabaly head down for the late june date given by Mazda Drivers.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

V-Max Guest

Damn Chris! You've definitely become an addict. Glad your emjoying what your car was designed for as most do not. We'll cross pathes again soon.

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by trukk View Post
    I was there two weekends ago (3-31 to 4-1).

My 3rd HPDE, and the first time I got to solo. What a blast.

On my last session of the weekend, I followed a new C6 Z06 around the track for about 5 laps. He had full slicks on his car, and I kept up untill my tires turned to mush. I think he finally got tired of me being on his ass, and cranked it up, and left me in the dust. [I have no illusions that my lightly modded V on street tires can keep up with a stock C6Z on slicks.] The cool thing though, is that on the back straight, he was definately hammer down (you could tell when the exhasut dump was open). He'd put about 8 car lengths on me over the mile long straight (I got up to about 145 ish, I talked to him later and he said he'd get almost to 170 back there). Very respectibly IMHO. [Also, he was also running solo, and posted over on corvetteforum's that this was his 4th hpde weekend in that car, so he wasn;t a complete neophyte. I think we were probabaly pretty fairly matched in the driver skill department.]

On another note, the entire weekend I was only passed one time, and that was after my tires turned to mush, as explained above, and that was buy a factory 5 cobra. The V continues to impress as I learn how to toss it around a road course. I had no brake fade at all , and I was getting on it pretty hard at the end of the 2nd day. I definately reached the limites of the RT 615's (tw -200) that last session.

I had a bunch of people come up and talk to me about my car. I also overheard a few people talking about my car over lunch on sunday . Kook + Corsa = sound to talk about. Finally, porch and biiimer drivers don't especially liked to get continuosly passed by a caddy-wack

I'm looking forward to more track time over the summer at VIR! I'll probabaly head down for the late june date given by Mazda Drivers.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by V-Max View Post
    Damn Chris! You've definitely become an addict. Glad your emjoying what your car was designed for as most do not. We'll cross pathes again soon.

Norm
    YUP. I shouldn't have waited so long to go back.

As back ground, Norm talked me into going to VIR for the first time over 2 years ago. I had just bought my car, and had never been on a track before. That first weekend, I couldn't drive my way out of a paper sack. It was very depressing and ego-checking to have to give the point by to a Maroon Maxima while 3 other V drivers watched from the paddock. The last two sessions of that first weekend, I wasn't an absolute disaster.

Fast forward to this year, and my first time back, it only took me 1 session out, to get back to where I was at the end of my first go around, and then I made serious strides that weeked. It's amazing how much you can learn, when you've had 2 years to 'get to know' your car, as well as not be worried about what an apex is, or where the hell the 'line' is.

Everything really came together my last HPDE. I know I have an @ss-load more to learn, but I felt I was getting a HUGE amount more out of myself and my car. Finally going solo, allowed me to concentrate on driving, and not on driving, and digesting the 800 things my instructore was telling me every lap. Instructors are invaluable, but you need so 'queit-time' in the car to actually practice all those things they are telling you.

Hope to see you out there again too.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq

Drift-caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by trukk View Post
    YUP. I shouldn't have waited so long to go back.

As back ground, Norm talked me into going to VIR for the first time over 2 years ago. I had just bought my car, and had never been on a track before. That first weekend, I couldn't drive my way out of a paper sack. It was very depressing and ego-checking to have to give the point by to a Maroon Maxima while 3 other V drivers watched from the paddock. The last two sessions of that first weekend, I wasn't an absolute disaster.

Fast forward to this year, and my first time back, it only took me 1 session out, to get back to where I was at the end of my first go around, and then I made serious strides that weeked. It's amazing how much you can learn, when you've had 2 years to 'get to know' your car, as well as not be worried about what an apex is, or where the hell the 'line' is.

Everything really came together my last HPDE. I know I have an @ss-load more to learn, but I felt I was getting a HUGE amount more out of myself and my car. Finally going solo, allowed me to concentrate on driving, and not on driving, and digesting the 800 things my instructore was telling me every lap. Instructors are invaluable, but you need so 'queit-time' in the car to actually practice all those things they are telling you.

Hope to see you out there again too.

-Chris
    Glad you are having fun, and the tune is good for you. There are a few more ponies in there but have to watch EGT with long runs like that, so kept it safe for you. Glad you are are learing to max the car out with street parts. Once you have reached the max with street then you can upgrade the tires and pads and learn to max that out. Shocks and springs will be the next thing, then you will need more power. lol I am doing 2 events this year at Redlinetimeattack.com. Make sure you join. It is so much fun. Well good luck this year and hope to see you soon. Just got this new rear end setup, and going to try and put 600rwhp to the ground.

MWD
    MWD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Stealth Gray

No roof... I'm jealous. I wonder what the weight savings is...

How are the drilled rotors holding up with track duty. Is VIR hard on the brakes? Not that the V would have any problems in that dept.

Michael

Dammit Chris... looks like we may have to finally meet up. I was looking at the June 16-17th with Mazda, July 13-15th with Performance Driving School, August 3-5th with Carguys, or Nov 17-18 with Audi club.

Will have to see if I can swing June.

T

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by heavypedal View Post
    ...this guy was sucking up everyone on the track. p.s. He's a little modified ...
    Just watched it. WOW! Looks like a great time!

Didn't see if it was mentioned, but what the heck was he driving?! Only one car could hang with him, and that was only in the twisties.

At least it showed the V (at 10:56 min mark) blowing by the guy in the BM(cough...gag...)W.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

v-ape is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): (did) CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by heavypedal View Post
    Dammit Chris... looks like we may have to finally meet up. I was looking at the June 16-17th with Mazda, July 13-15th with Performance Driving School, August 3-5th with Carguys, or Nov 17-18 with Audi club.

Will have to see if I can swing June.

T
    I'll be there in a Silver V on Aug 3-5th with CarGuys...

Rand, he was driving a camaro...its the car in pics at beginning of video. Talked to a buddy what he's done to the car. You could guess.... tons of engine mods, tons of suspension mods, racing tires, stripped interior, roll cage.... you know, normal daily driver stuff

T

Quote Originally Posted by MWD View Post
    No roof... I'm jealous. I wonder what the weight savings is...
    I have no idea on weight savings, and/or chasis stiffness. I suppose a bit, but not much. Certainly nothing I'd be able to notice.

I actually went looking for one that didn't have a moonroof. They do nothing for me, and seem to be more hassle than they are eventually worth. There is also a LOT more headroom without it. I've had a loaner CTS with the moonroof, and that sucker takes up a lot of room.

Quote Originally Posted by MWD View Post
    How are the drilled rotors holding up with track duty. Is VIR hard on the brakes? Not that the V would have any problems in that dept.
    I did a quick check between runs, and havn't developed any cracks yet. I did notice that the holes were getting filled up with brake 'gunk'. I'll probabably go to slotted the next time I change out the rotors. The main reason I went drilled, was my old rotor's were toast, and the drilled ones were the only thing Lindsay had in-stock.

-Chris

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.