Too Many V's in Round Rock, Texas ! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Too Many V's in Round Rock, Texas ! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I would not live in the city if you dont have to. I spent most of my life in San ...
    Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Re: Too Many V's in Round Rock, Texas !

I would not live in the city if you dont have to. I spent most of my life in San Antonio and I vow to go back eventually.

You want to live in the Hill Country. It is one of the true national treasures and theres little else like it for the value.

DarkKnight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V, 06 SRX, 08 Vette

Thanks to all for the information.
    The wife and I will be making a recon trip to the Austin area soon. We looked at San Antonio last summer, we liked it but after living near Phoenix we want to be near a smaller city. Most of our research has been on the internet and real estate agents. I will keep you posted.
    Thanks again.

heavypedal is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 Raven CTS-V

Hey DK... used to live in the Lakeway area (NW Austin, right next to Lake Travis) Dripping Springs would be a great spot...still kinda secluded, getting expensive though. And it would take more than 25 mins to get to the airport, not by much though (probably 45 mins). Takes 30-45 mins from Lakeway. Not sure if you like downtown living, but there are 16 lofts/condo buildings going up in downtown at the same time...sure to saturate market and provide a good price. South and East sides of Austin are the cheapest, North and West sides are most expensive and nicest. San Antonio on the whole is cheaper to live in than Austin. If you use the airport a lot and looking for a smaller town outside of Austin...have you looked at Bastrop or Lockhart?

T

Quote Originally Posted by GMBOUND View Post
    Because of the overpopulation or the Heat.
    Everytime I go home, I'm like damn it's too many people here. All day long Traffic. Rush hours is no longer just an hour, it's the whole day. Just call it RUSH!
    Houston = hot + humid + concrete jungle + overpopulation + traffic for no reason

then again...Austin is starting to get tons of traffic too. Every time I go back I keep seeing tons of California license plates.

T

Quote Originally Posted by heavypedal View Post
    Hey DK... used to live in the Lakeway area (NW Austin, right next to Lake Travis) Dripping Springs would be a great spot...still kinda secluded, getting expensive though. And it would take more than 25 mins to get to the airport, not by much though (probably 45 mins). Takes 30-45 mins from Lakeway. Not sure if you like downtown living, but there are 16 lofts/condo buildings going up in downtown at the same time...sure to saturate market and provide a good price. South and East sides of Austin are the cheapest, North and West sides are most expensive and nicest. San Antonio on the whole is cheaper to live in than Austin. If you use the airport a lot and looking for a smaller town outside of Austin...have you looked at Bastrop or Lockhart?

T
    heavypedal,
    I am looking mainly in the west and north, I even might look at Georgetown. I will look into Bastrop and Lockhart also. I have three girls; 5, 7 and 15 so schools will be important also. I did look into San Antonio but as I mentioned before it seemed a bit busy and crowded.
    Thanks.

joshdctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 300c SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
    heavypedal,
    I am looking mainly in the west and north, I even might look at Georgetown. I will look into Bastrop and Lockhart also. I have three girls; 5, 7 and 15 so schools will be important also. I did look into San Antonio but as I mentioned before it seemed a bit busy and crowded.
    Thanks.
    Leander (North on 183 past Cedar Park) has some good options in about every price range and is making some serious investments in becoming the next boom town in the area. 183-A (toll) just opened up and I expect prices to start moving up even more in the next 2-3 years. In the high-end range there are some amazing lots and/or subdivisions in and between Leander and Georgetown that are very well hidden unless you're looking for them. Google maps are great for such searches, btw

Yep...Josh hit it first. That whole northern belt from Leander, Cedar Park, on 1430, and Georgetown is a good bet. Not sure about the schools, but josh may help on that.

Sorry guys for the Austin area education in a CTS-V forum...figured urby would pull us by now.

Uhm...Josh...am I reading your car right?

T

I know a few folks that live in the 1430 area and georgetown...so if you have questions...lets take it offline and I can check with them.

T

Yep...Josh hit it first. That whole northern belt from Leander, Cedar Park, on 1430, and Georgetown is a good bet. Not sure about the schools, but josh may help on that.
    LISD is very solid.

Uhm...Josh...am I reading your car right?
    T
    Fraid so. Speaking of Austin area V's though, fittingly someone in our office just got a nice new Black V with a killer exhaust. He makes sure to floor it each day as he turns out on 2222 (forcing me to turn and look out the window). If its anyone on here... Damnit, I'm going to have to look at aftermarket exhausts for my new ride now!

Urby is definitely pulling this thread now ; )

You and CVP should get together and do a pros/cons between the two cars...would be interesting if you can put up with the blasting from members

I'm pretty sure by now CVP has written several novels and has a movie deal in the works on the subject

Ha...so true. Talking with a friend...she says check out Liberty Hill too. Georgetown might be cheaper, but have to deal with I-35 traffic. $.02

Always here to help folks in or going to Austin

T

roman371 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by joshdctsv View Post
    LISD is very solid.

Fraid so. Speaking of Austin area V's though, fittingly someone in our office just got a nice new Black V with a killer exhaust. He makes sure to floor it each day as he turns out on 2222 (forcing me to turn and look out the window). If its anyone on here... Damnit, I'm going to have to look at aftermarket exhausts for my new ride now!
    You gotta get the Zoomers for the 300SRT. There is just no substitute!!!!!!

I want to thank you all for the great help on the Austin area, I am leaning toward the North/Northwest of Austin right now. I will PM any further questions I may have from this point on so we can keep the topic on CTS-V/performance cars.

Thanks again.
    Frank

VDiddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

DK, I live in Northwest Austin and it's beautiful...lots of rolling hills, very near the Balcones Canyonlands 2500 acre preserve. The neighborhood is called The Dominion at Great Hills and houses are typically between $400K and $625K and are 2800 to 4000 square feet. The schools are part of the Round Rock school system even though I'm in the City of Austin and are some of the best public schools in the country. My 7 year old attends a blue ribbon elementary that's two blocks from my house.

There's another guy just down the street that has a black V like mine...except he doesn't have worked 408 that punches 460HP to the wheels.

If you're interested in learning more about the neighborhood you can PM me. Also, this is a shameless plug...but my Mom (http://www.virginiahines.com/) has been in Austin real estate since 1976 and knows this area very well. She could help you out if you're interested in getting some information on listings in the area, schools, etc.

Good luck to you....and if you move out there let us know. I'm thinking of organizing an Austin area V Cruise down 1431 to Marble Falls...should be a lot of fun.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.