Here is your bluetooth...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Here is your bluetooth... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Parrot CK3000, $99 plus shipping (or whatever other parrot kit you want): http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...roductid=20788 GMCSS-2 and parrot 1 adaptor cables for ...
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Here is your bluetooth...

Parrot CK3000, $99 plus shipping (or whatever other parrot kit you want):

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...roductid=20788

GMCSS-2 and parrot 1 adaptor cables for gm vehicles with onstar, bose, xm, etc $79 plus shipping (about one-third down the page, and they sell the parrot too, just more expensive):

http://www.installer.com/parrot/index.html

I am going to try them out hopefully next weekend, I will let you guys know and try to get some pictures.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nikon is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05' CTS-V

Re: Here is your bluetooth...

good luck with that, I'd call em first...my guess is they're gonna say doesn't work for cts....remember we have the only nav/radio system that is different than every other GM car....we already have bluetooth kits, Reed hooked it up through R&M...same price too....but if it works, then other people have an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by nikon View Post
    good luck with that, I'd call em first...my guess is they're gonna say doesn't work for cts....remember we have the only nav/radio system that is different than every other GM car....we already have bluetooth kits, Reed hooked it up through R&M...same price too....but if it works, then other people have an alternative.
    I was under the impression he was all out.

I thought about the nav thing, and I figured I would try it anyway, I will be the guinea pig. I had some leftover money in my paypal, so I am not out that much if it doesnt work. And if it doesnt, I will either splice into the speaker wires, or do without and put the parrot in my Maxima to replace the aging Nokia handsfree unit.

Quote Originally Posted by nikon View Post
    Also, I read that you have to disable Onstar with his adaptor. Though I dont use it now, I am not entirely sure I want to do that.

By the way, I saw "Cars", dont remember seeing your V in there. Who is faster, you or Lightning

BadCad is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

R&M package through Reed works fine enough, but you have to disable your Onstar. I am not ready to do that yet pending other packages that may become available. California outlaws cell phone usage while driving effective 2008, am waiting to see what becomes available to meet that driving restriction.

just FYI, disabling onstar is only pulling back some carpet and unplugging it...so if you really every needed to use it, just pull the carpet back and plug it back in....

Well, you were right, that cable wont interface with ANY cadillac radio according to them, nav or otherwise.

So, I pulled back all the liners in the trunk, and since the wiring for the amp is so easy to get to, I am going to try that route. The parrot will mute the left and right speakers, and I am going to run the sub and center channel through relays to mute them.

^^you'd be much better off getting the kit from reed it works even when the radios off...turns everything off/on when necessary...but if it works for you, take some pictures...just something else to add to the FAQ

I am about halfway through (I would be done if I didnt have kids) The hardest part so far was finding switched power. I saw someone had pulled it from the sunroof connector in the trunk, but his wire was blue, mine is red and it is constant power. I checked EVERY lead in the fusebox under the rear seat, they are all constant power.

So I did the cigarette lighter switched power mod and pulled from the rear socket. (The rearseat fusebox is still all battery power by the way) Which is fine, and it works, unfortuneatly, RAP keeps it on for 10 minutes after you turn off the key, even if a door opens. I would really like a solution for that, but I can live with it for now.

Reed does not have any of the boxes, and says he is waiting for more interest before ordering more. That could be a while, and I need handsfree now. And besides, other than tapping into the speaker lines, I would still have to do everything else I am doing; and I would have to splice into the onstar wires anyway. Tapping into the speakers will take an hour max.

I am taking pictures, I planning on a write up when I am done.

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Jimmy, I look forward to the writeup..

here is how to get switched power from the rear block:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/amprap/

Reed

Quote Originally Posted by ctsvett View Post
    Jimmy, I look forward to the writeup..

here is how to get switched power from the rear block:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/amprap/

Reed
    I looked at that link for about 5 minutes, and I have no idea what I am looking at. But then, I am an electronics novice. Thanks for the tip, but I already got my rap lead earlier today and that is all done.

I just finished splicing all the speaker wires. Took me 1 hour 10 minutes, including time to refigure my wiring diagram after I realized the first one I made was incorrect, and including soldering and taping.

I attached a little teaser of the wiring until I get to the writeup. The grey connectors are ISO power plugs stolen from the parrot power connector (which I am not using). This is where the parrot's ISO speaker connectors will plug into. But they can simply be attached together as a pass-thru of sorts. This will allow the parrot to be removed easily if necessary with no further work to return the stereo to normal. Obviously it is not done, I still have to bundle and tape the wires neatly. But it is late and it works so I am going to go to bed now.
    Attached Images

Ran into another problem, since I am using the parrot front channel connections for the center speaker, I am using the parrot rear channel connections to cutoff the radio signals. Problem is, the parrot does not mute the rear channel, it reduces the volume. So this kit works, but it will not completely mute the radio the way I have it wired. I would have to use relays. Since I only have two (need four) I am just going to button this thing up and live with it. In light of this, I dont know if anyone will be interested in doing this. But if anyone is, let me know, and I will do a write up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.