Day 1 with my new V....OMFG it's sweet!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Day 1 with my new V....OMFG it's sweet! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Picked up my new CTS-V today. Got a black with ebony....got the sunroof. Looks awesome....is very roomy and comfortable. I'm ...
    MotorMouth is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Day 1 with my new V....OMFG it's sweet!

Picked up my new CTS-V today. Got a black with ebony....got the sunroof. Looks awesome....is very roomy and comfortable. I'm 6'3" and there is still room above my head...legroom is generous without any protrusions into my driving leg and the seat is wide but supportive and comfortable. Controls are all angled toward driver and clear and easy to see. I wish it had a real handbrake but the foot pedal does not get in the way. Accidentally popped the hood once..(it was dark) but now I know to feel for the top release.

The first thing I gotta say is that Cadillac really has a winner here in my opinion. I have owned many nice German uber sedans and my most recent one was a Porsche 996. This car is simply flat out fun to drive. The ride is nice and firm but not harsh. The car corners very flat but most impressively it is so very predictable and not stressed. Brakes are very good if just a dad soft....Porsche was like stepping on solid concrete.....

The best part is the engine. It is smooth enough at idle with just a hint of cam lope.... Suprisingly quite if driven smoothly but if you press into it just a little there is this stunning growl. I am taking it easy for the first 500 miles but even pressing it a little to 3,500 rpm gives me a hint of what lies in store. I'm thinking..........this is a Cadillac????? No way.

Anyhow I put 150 miles on her today which included a nice twisty road that I used to run the Porsche on. The chassis is every bit as good....dare I say better feeling and through the deep curves where you need to brake in I would have to downshift the Porsche a gear or two....with the CTS-V I just kept in in fourth cause the engine just pulls like a locomotive. Gas mileage is crap but if I wanted that I would have purchased a Prius. I have always been used to wringing the power out of engines with higher revs....this is the first time I have had a motor that pulls like a mule anywhere...anytime. It is really the defining element of the V.

The fit and finish is quite good and it shows GM has come a long way from what I remember. It is as good as any German car I have had. Maybe the inside materials have more plastic stuff but with this monster I'm looking out the window so I don't overun my next curve.

Got TON's of looks and quite a few thumbs up....especially from the younger males. They hear the motor and sense its power....LOL. People are not used to a Cadillac sounding and moving like that.

I will be taking some pics of my window tinting tomorrow and get some movies of it in action if anyone wants. As to wheel hop I don't have any comments yet as I'm not drag racing anytime soon. In fact I doubt that I do much of that as my fun is to be next to someone going down the road and just dust em. Had some SOB in a BMW (of course) tried to sneak past me in the left lane on the Highway to get in front of me as we were approaching an exit. No way Jose...just a blip of my throttle and he was denied his prize....I smiled wide as he had to gnash is Teutonic teeth while looking at my butt as we exited. Now that was sweet my friends. This car has such awesome roll on power that I am already smitten.......and I have not been north of 4,000 RPM yet.

End of day one verdict............. A big thumbs up to the engineers at Cadillac because this car has at least as good if not better driving experience as any European car I've owned. This car is definitely a winner. At a significantly lower cost too mind you.

Let me know if this helps and if anyone would like a day two update.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Re: Day 1 with my new V....OMFG it's sweet!

Congrats and enjoy!

(Note to self: Must stop reading V reviews!)

TNT V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Stop! Your killing me. Mine doesn't get here for another 3 weeks and I'm trying not to think about it. I was certain it will be great and every but of information that spills across my computer seems to confirm it. I can hardly wait!

MotorMouth is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Day Two......early morning edition.

I got up at 7:00 AM just to go out and drive it today. It was the same feeling I had when I was a little kid getting up early on Saturday just to watch my favorite cartoons. (That was way before the 24 hour cartoon channel on cable for those of you younger than me)

It just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter. Bad boy.....I pushed it to about 4,300 RPM's this morning. I know, I'm weak...........I couldn't contain myself.

She sure has some headroom in that motor. Your gonna love it but the next three weeks are gonna be soooooooooo sloooooooooowwwww.

How can I post pics or some MPG 4 movies to this site..............anyone?

dennis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS V

I completely understand your enthusiasm. I parked my new silver V in the garage 3 hours ago. Can't wait for the morning commute!

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

I'm jealous too!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.