First oil change - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, First oil change in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I use the K&N mostly because it has the 1" nut welded on the bottom which makes for easy install ...
    explorer7700 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Black Cadillac CTS-V

Re: First oil change

I use the K&N mostly because it has the 1" nut welded on the bottom which makes for easy install and removal.

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

I always use Valvoline filters....probably because I get them free with my free oil change at the place I used to work! hahah

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I like the factory idea on oil and filter. Mobil 1 and AC Delco. And vertical is the GOAT!

ajedwardsjr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ctsvett View Post
    I use ACdelco gold filters and they are black..

I have read a bunch on filters and I didnt hear of any benifit to going with mobil one filters. Correct me if I am wrong anyone, but I did use them in the past, but switched to ACdelco Gold filters.

Anyone?

Reed
    Reed, don't know if you came across this, but it sold me on the K&N filter:

http://www.corolland.com/oil-filters.html

Ande, here's a pretty picture:

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=HP-1007

GMBOUND is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Steve Foley had a Napa Gold filter on mines. I'm glad I got under there and changed it. I've used the Mobil 1 since 2000 though. A co-worker and I cut the M1 and a Fram in half the seen the difference and we've used M1 filters since then. He has passed on since then, but I still use them.

GMBOUND is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ajedwardsjr View Post
    Reed, don't know if you came across this, but it sold me on the K&N filter:

http://www.corolland.com/oil-filters.html

Ande, here's a pretty picture:

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=HP-1007
    I read this article.
    1st of all I had to get over all the Toyota is Superior bull crap then when I actually got into the reading the guy actually concluded that the Mobil 1 was superior but he chose the K&N because it was $9.49 and the Mobil 1 for him was $11 and some change.
    However, I've never paid $11 for a Mobil 1 filter. There at Autozone for $9.99.
    I've bought them in TX, OK & KS for that same price. Do what you please, I'll get $.50 out of the couch or under the seats in the V and get a Mobil 1.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I used the AC Delco, because that is what GM uses, and that is what is at most autoparts stores. Well, one out of four stores, because the first three were out.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyhauser View Post
    I used the AC Delco, because that is what GM uses, and that is what is at most autoparts stores. Well, one out of four stores, because the first three were out.
    Yeah, our AC Delco filters our very popular. I was told most stores stock up on Mondays and Tuesdays and if I wait till Saturday, they'll usually be out.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Yeah, our AC Delco filters our very popular. I was told most stores stock up on Mondays and Tuesdays and if I wait till Saturday, they'll usually be out.
    Almost every car I have owned has used a filter common to a dozen other cars, so I can never find a filter for any of my cars. Which is why I have gone to ordering a dozen at a time off the internet. But it looks like the V will probably only need to be changed once a year. So not a big deal.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.