Help - tires
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Help - tires in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; A few days back I read a post here by someone who had driven a GM demo CTS-V on a ...
    TNT V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Help - tires

A few days back I read a post here by someone who had driven a GM demo CTS-V on a race track and they commented that the wheel sizes were slightly different on the car he drove. I can't find that post and I need those tire sizes. Is the poster still out there or does anyone remember the sizes? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Re: Help - tires

Hey, that would be me. I actually didn't get to drive the ones with the stagger, but here you go:

Fronts were the standard 245/45R18s
    Rears were 275/40R18.

All wheels were aftermarket customs. Front's were something like 8-8.5" wide and rears were 9-9.5" wide. The 275/40s won't fit well on the stock 8.5" wide rim.

PS- I believe they were Bridgeston Potenza SO-3s.
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

TNT V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thanks, Miscreant! That's what I am looking for. I've been talking with HRE for my wheel order and no one has any experience with these cars and are afraid to make solid recommendations beyond stock sizes just yet. I'm looking at the HRE 840R's and would like to get a 9" in the rear. They think that will work but feel certain the 9.5" won't. I'm going 19" all around - the 20" just seems like too much wheel. Once they pin down the final fitment and tire sizes I'll post here.

CTSV OWNER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

I noticed on the race version that they have wheel flairs. If you go with that large of a wheel/tire combination will they stick past the fenders and dirtyup the body. I drove thru a puddle just after washing my car and then turned the wheel and the water that was still in the treads sprayed onto the windsheild. Had to rewash the car again.

miscreant did you notice if the car had wheel flairs?

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV OWNER
    I noticed on the race version that they have wheel flairs. If you go with that large of a wheel/tire combination will they stick past the fenders and dirtyup the body. I drove thru a puddle just after washing my car and then turned the wheel and the water that was still in the treads sprayed onto the windsheild. Had to rewash the car again.

miscreant did you notice if the car had wheel flairs?
    This isn't an issue if you get the right offsets. The stock CTS-V wheel is a 8.5" wheel with a 42mm offset, which sticks the wheel out 2.60" from the hub mounting surface. If you move to a 9" wide wheel in the back, you'd need about a 48mm offset to match that, which would push the wheel only 1/2" farther into the wheel well. In the rear of the CTS (reg or V), there is ALOT of room because of the IRS. On the V (as with the regular CTS) you also have a little more rear fender overhang than in the front, and could actually stand to stick a little more tire out on the back (not much). I *honestly* think you could run a 9.5" wheel in the rear, ***as long as the tire is not too wide***. my guess, but NOT a recommendation since I don't know, but a 9.5" wheel with a 45mm offset would stick the wheel out .3" farther, and .6" farther in, which would be *to mee* perfect...

In 19" wheels, I'd go 245/40 up front and 275/35 in the rear...I'm running 245/40 up front right now with no problems, and the V's suspension is even stiffer than mine. Make sure your 245/40 tire is not any taller than 26.6". Mine is 26.4", but I've heard that if you get close to 26.9" like the Falkens run, you rub (atleast on a regular CTS)...

PS: cars did not have flares. And the water splash thing happens even with my car. In this scenario, the fronts stay the same size anyway, only the rears change...
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.