Help - CTS-V Wheel Needed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Help - CTS-V Wheel Needed in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; 400 miles on my V and I picked up a nice big screw in one of the tires. The idiots ...
    tnitro is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Help - CTS-V Wheel Needed

400 miles on my V and I picked up a nice big screw in one of the tires. The idiots at the local tire shop scratched the wheel repairing the tire so I'm looking for a replacement.

I thought I saw a thread on this site with pricing info (I wanted to use that info to see if I can get a good deal from my dealer) but I can't find the thread. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mbai2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS DI 6 Speed Manual Black/Black w/ FE3 Fully Loaded

Re: Help - CTS-V Wheel Needed

You should have the same idiots buy you a replacement wheel. They damaged it, they need to go through the trouble in finding the OEM wheel and paying for it. I have a feeling one of those wheels may be upwards of $700.

nupeskee is offline Cadillac Owners Member

never take your car to the local "tires r us" or NTW to get them replaced. Those only care about getting your job done and on to the next one. I always question the shop about what kind of equipment they use to change tire and what kinds of cars they service. This is the only way that you will save your rims and headaches. If you did not show the scratch to them right away you are going to have a tough time proving it to them. Good luck.

I know... I know. I was just in too much of a hurry to drive my car again.

Thank God I didn't take the whole car to them. I had taken the wheel off at home so no one would get any where near it with an air wrench (not to mention what they would have done to the underside with the lift). Easier to replace a wheel than have them drop my V off of a lift.

nandanrp is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Here's the thread you were looking for:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...0&page=1&pp=20

The specific post about the wheels:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...55&postcount=8

$372 a pop, not as bad as the $700 mentioned above. And that's GM direct pricing...

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

GMpartsdirect they will problably charge you $200 shipping.

Thanks nandanrp - that is the post I was looking for. I appreciate the help!

Uber-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

See if you can live with the scratch for a while. Many V owners will upgrade and take off OE wheels will be available.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Speaking of upgrading, has anyone done so yet?
    How hard is it to find a set of wheels that fit over those monstrous brakes?

Steve T is offline Cadillac Owners Member

You might try calling the local high end auto dealer service departments and ask them who they use for wheel repair. I have seen several before and after repairs and they looked good as new.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.