Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Long island, NY owners come forth, please........

2K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  DmaxSierra 
#1 ·
Hey Guys!!

I have a question posted in another thread but I guess you won't see it unless you go into the thread itself. I am looking for a LI Caddy Dealer who overlooks some basic mods to do our warranty work. Sun Caddy refused do address any warranty items that need to be done because of the mods I did even if it doesn't relate to the problem at hand.
So, please let me know asap since I need to take care of something right away. I wanted to go down to Lindsay but can't fit it in at this time. Please no guess work here. I need to hear from guys who have experienced this 1st hand with there own cars.

Thanks,
Paul:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#3 ·
Hey Paul,
Show them this, then threaten legal action.
Do a search for the complete Act.

Magnuson Moss Warranty Act

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) . For best results, consider working with performance-oriented dealerships with a proven history of working with customers. If your vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emission/warranty claims, contact EPA at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov. If federal warranty protection is denied, contact the FTC at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov. For additional information, check out the following links:

1. Consumers Bill of Rights
2. What You Can Do If Your Warranty Is Denied
3. Federal Warranty Laws
4. Vehicle Manufacturer Warranty Contact Phone Numbers

Hope to see ya at Captree soon.
Ron

#4 ·
Thanks Ron!!

I hope that I won't be going that route. Especially, since my dealer told me what the noise was coming from but decided not to fix it. They took my car in like they were going to do the job along with my oil change and they just banged me for the oil change and excepted my tip when he was writing me up. What a joke since he knew he wasn't going to fix it since it's their policy not to correct warranty problems with mods on the car. I'll have to see how it goes. Hopefully, a few others will chime in with some results.

Paul:thumbsup:

#5 ·
Hi Paul,
The guys at North Bay Cadillac in great Neck are very good. I have some of the same mods as you (kooks headers, corsa, Cartek tune, spoiler, hotchkis sway bars, GC coilovers, msd coil, UUC) and never had a warranty item denied quiet the opposite. I've had my clutch replaced, did the GM bushings but they were so noisey they replaced the entire cradle and recently a rear axle, all under warranty without a word about my mods.

#6 ·
SlvrVee:

Thanks, I appreciate it very much. Like I said I want to go down to Lindsay since i've been buying stuff from them all along & like to give them the business but just can't get away at this time. I'll have to make an appt for your dealer. I know afew others on here are from my area and was hoping for them to chime in to find a closer dealer but hey.........atleast I have 1 I'm familiar with.

Thanks again,

#7 ·
Hey Guys!!!!

Still waiting for a few of you to chime in on your LI Dealers. I know there's someone who lives in the Rocky Point Area and wondering who you use?? Atlantic, Sarant, King O'Rourke??

Thanks,

#8 ·
I live in North Babylon...Bought my car from Atlantic....I don't know much about there service yet cuz the car is about a month old. I was having the same feelings you are mods voiding your warranty!! All I have is A Ling. Intake and I a little worried!! Yeah this post was no help to you I know, sorry but where is the Lindsay dealership located? If anyone else could chime in with a few other dealerships in the Long Island area that would be great!!!! Thanks In Advance...

#9 ·
Hey!!

Yep went to Atlantic today, they said they wouldn't cover anything under warranty if the car is tampered with. Same thing Sun Caddy said in Bohemia and those guys even diagnosed the problem for me. Oh well.....

Paul

#14 ·
Hey!!

Yep went to Atlantic today, they said they wouldn't cover anything under warranty if the car is tampered with. Same thing Sun Caddy said in Bohemia and those guys even diagnosed the problem for me. Oh well.....

Paul
These dealerships are horrible. We need G.M. to back us more. Sarant gave me troubles with my delivery of the 05. The 04 was delivered by them perfect. I never got service cause I drive them straight south(snowbird style). They have been there for a long, long, time though. You could hit my old house with a rock from there. My folks get their cars serviced there and pay heavy. Its usually something minor. My folks also don't track their DTS. Good luck.

#11 ·
Hey All!!!

Thanks for your inputs!! Since I'm friends with all the Kooks, I just took my car to have the bolts re-torqued yesterday. They made one phone call for me. The Service Manager from a local dealer called me directly by the end of day told me to bring car in the following morning and they will address any & all warranty issues. They even put me in a fully loaded '07 STS. Very cool!! I'm quite pleased at the moment.

#13 ·
I'm also on Long Island! I know the service writer over at Conte Cadillac. He'll pretty much cover everything under warranty. Plus, they always get me a loaner. If you guys have any problems...let me know. I'll be happy to help out:thumbsup:

P.S. I'd love to meet up with the rest of the New York V owners! Are you guys still meeting up at Captree? How about Bellmore on Friday nights?

#15 ·
I use King O'Rourke in Smithtown. They never say anything about my mods. I haven't been there in almost a year, but I will be calling them to make an app. soon. BTW I will be going back to Captree soon, has it moved to the other spot now that summer is here. Also Bald Hill starts in 2 weeks on tuesday nights.

#18 ·
Captree has moved to the old OBI parking lot now that they are charging to get into the Captree lot. The summer gathering place is about a 1/2 mile west of captree on the the Ocean side of Ocean Parkway.
I should be there this Sunday, come on down!:thumbsup:

#16 ·
TAGS: I can't believe what I am reading here! I am going to LI next week for a while and was actually saying that I needed to find a local dealer for warranty work! Wow! They all refused you ay? I know everyone in the car biz so when I get there I can search but for now, I can't help. I am wondering if the first dealer black flagged you in the computer!? Anyway, if you don't find one soon then PM me as I will be there in like 7-9 days. Good luck!

...and where did all these LI cars from? lol When I get settled in LI I'll post to see when I'll make it to Captree or Bald Hill. If I feel really fiesty, I may make it next Sunday the 3rd!

#22 ·
The last parking lot on the the drive out to Captree is called Oak Beach. That's it! All the cars are there.

#24 ·
Hey Guys!!!

Yea, King O'Rourke is the dealer to go to for any warranty work with cars that have mods. They took care of me no problem without any hassels.

#28 ·
Tags63,
I was wondering if you still had those FRC's from afterthoughts still for sale? If you do, I'll take them.

Sorry for the bump on an off topic. However, I bought all my Caddy's from Sarant. My family too. F'dale is the old stompin' grounds.

#30 ·
Guess it's all about who you know!! Never had a problem there and I actually purchased my V from Atlantic...that's really BAD :eek: I guess since I personally know the service writer, they try to go the extra inch. Always get a loaner car too.

P.S. Any guys out there know how I can get my rear updated with the new version without blowing this one up??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.