Wheel offset for 10" rears?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Wheel offset for 10" rears? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I've searched through the faq and all the threads I could find on putting more meat out back, but I ...
    Oregon Stealth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Wheel offset for 10" rears?

I've searched through the faq and all the threads I could find on putting more meat out back, but I can't find anything definate on whether the offset on the wheel needs to change and if so what it needs to be. I'm planning on running 285/35 tires on 19x10 rims which I believe should fit from what I've read here, but what offset do I need on those rims? I'm going to have custom rims made and I don't want to drop a bundle on something that is going to be junk.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Wheel offset for 10" rears?

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Stealth
    I've searched through the faq and all the threads I could find on putting more meat out back, but I can't find anything definate on whether the offset on the wheel needs to change and if so what it needs to be. I'm planning on running 285/35 tires on 19x10 rims which I believe should fit from what I've read here, but what offset do I need on those rims? I'm going to have custom rims made and I don't want to drop a bundle on something that is going to be junk.
    7-3/8" backspace from the mount hub to the inside edge of the wheel , bare minimum. This puts the outer edge of the wheel even with the fender well.
    In reality, the best rear rim width is 9.5 " but its difficult to come buy due to the limited supply of wheel hoops which are buyouts by most wheel manufactures. At this backspace you will have a curved face to clear the caliper. The reason the OEM wheel is flat is because it has no rim at all. Its a full face wheel.

Oregon Stealth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Wheel offset for 10" rears?

Thanks very much. Best info on rear clearance I've been able to find. :-)

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.