6 bolt to 5 bolt conversion... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, 6 bolt to 5 bolt conversion... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; SSR Comps...Amen....
    ace996 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Lemon Law'd '05 V

Re: 6 bolt to 5 bolt conversion...

SSR Comps...Amen.

alcast082 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

i wouldn't mind some oz like the cts-vr has, if they made them 6 lug for them shouldn't they have the molds needed to make more????
    just a thought

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

This is probably the biggest waste of forum space I have seen since I've been here, and there have been some pretty stupid posts. Its nothing personal, mind you, but if you bought a CTS-V then quit complaining that you wish you had 5-lugs and "more" wheel options. Sack up and buy some rims. If you want to complain about something then go with something standard like diff whine or wheel hop . There are tons of options out there in the $4000 range. Check out Makaveli Wheels (they made custom offset and bolt pattern wheels for my V by the way).

Dreamin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 V

With 5 lug, there are many aftermarket wheels available that are "business", not rice. OZ(the CTS-VR wheel), Volk, SSR(the ultralight wheel), BBS, and the list goes on...including companies that make pure "race" wheels custom for your application.
    OZ: Some rice wheels, some blink-blink wheels, some might work on the V, i.e. O.Z. Superleggera III - 19x9's go for $860 (tirerack) And the CTS-VR wheel is a custom wheel which is 12" wide!

Volk: All Rice

BBS: Some really nice wheels, i.e. RGR - 18x9.5's go for $738 (tirerack)

SSR Comps: Beautiful wheel, track wheels for my last two cars... looks great on rice, and the M3... not sure how good it would look on the V. 18x9=$499, 19x9.5=$629. Googled for almost an hour, couldn't find an offset that would work on the V... didn't even try to find the hub-centering ring.

CCW SP600s 6 bolt... are $620.

My point was: there ain't no free lunch...

Staxxin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Are the CTS-VR wheels available for purchase?

Dreamin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 V

Staxxin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Thanks for the thread! I wish it contained better news.

Dreamin,
    Volks are rice?.... You are entitled to your opinion.

I wouldn't put 19s on the V. I'm not looking to go bigger rotors, so to me it'd be a waste of money. Going to a 19 would only add weight and significant cost, not to mention difficulty with tire choices (this is getting better, though). If I could, I'd run 17"wheels.

The SSR Comps at $500 would be perfect. I'm sure they would look as good as they do on other cars....Or the GT2s, 18X8.5=$428

Superleggera III's, you've got some expensive tastes....there are other choices...

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by ace996
    Going to a 19 would only add weight
    What?? My 19's weigh significantly less than the stock 18" w/ runflat combo. You can just admit now that you really have no idea what you are talking about . Just giving you a hard time .

LV V,
    I may not have explained myself correctly, so please give me another opportunity to convey my proper thoughts....
    A 19" wheel will weigh more than the same manufacturer/model's 18" wheel. The SSR Comp 19s will weigh more than the SSR Comp 18s. I did not mean to imply that every 19" wheel will weigh more than the stockers.

There is also the physics of a larger wheel having a higher MOI, moment of inertia...long story short, the greater the distance from the center of the hub...the greater the momentum of the wheel. So, even though a wheel may weigh the same as the smaller one, it will still resist braking/turning/acceleration more than the smaller wheel. There is also the topic of where the weight resides...more weight on the lip or more weight on the center, closer to the hub.

I looked at your wheels on the net, they are beautiful...really, but they're not my particular style. Take a look at the SSR Comps, in gunmetal, and you'll see what my particular taste prefers. They're not the most flashy rims but they are a "business" rim. If I couldn't have the Comps, I'd do the GT2s by SSR, I like those plenty. Just my taste...
    Ve good,
    ace996

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.