WHY DO WE HAVE 6 lug pattern on the V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, WHY DO WE HAVE 6 lug pattern on the V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; There is a ton of rims that would look awesome on the v but they are usually a one of ...
    alcast082 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Question WHY DO WE HAVE 6 lug pattern on the V

There is a ton of rims that would look awesome on the v but they are usually a one of the 5 lug patterns. WHY DO WE HAVE 6 lugs?????
    Does anyone know if there are kits that change the lug pattern???
    I know it is a silly question but it would make rim choice HUGE and less expensive, as long as the spacing offset and size is picked correctly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: WHY DO WE HAVE 6 lug pattern on the V

Because the machinist was to lazy to do 7, one for each spoke?

I don't believe there are any kits that will effectively change your bolt pattern. Dual pattern spacers/adapters are thick - and there simply isn't enough offset to begin with to make it work.

Good luck.

Wait a minute..."LS6" must stand for Light Silver 6 (lug wheels)

That's mean the '06 is only going to have 2 lugs...better threadjack and ask where those pics of boobs went

hahahahaha
    I predicted the TOOO MUCH TORQUE, therefore we need more bolts but your reply was funnier,
    its either custom rims or the gm upgrade rims,

Parker is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Maybe so only a few wheel makers (High dollar ones) could easily corner the market.

I'm doubtful that too much torque is the answer. It is a curious decision on GM's part for the 6 lug wheels. It could have purely been marketing for their own line of rim options, at least while the aftermarket catches up. It does make their pricing seem less absurd when the aftermarket is getting $1K+ per wheel.

Personally, I'm holding out for the "LS7" wheels (one for each spoke, you know?)

BeagleBrains is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 Seville; 2004 CTS V; 2011 CTS V Coupe

Six lugs is just like every other Bulls.... idea to make a specific GM product. The Memory feature, which would automatically reset when the #1 or #2 Key Fob was used to open the door on our Corvette. In the CTS V, you must push the 1 or 2 button on the door. Logical; NOT!
    The CTS V Navigation System. The V comes with the base CTS Navigation manual; The V Navigation System is modified to operate differently. Therefore, the CTS manual is of marginal use. Base CTS Center Console is utilitarian and comfortable to use. In the V, a specific redesigned Console is obviously built on the cheap, wide open and less that durable.
    So, why not install a Six (6) lug wheel so that one's aftermarket wheel choices can be counted on one hand. Why put a car on the road that can be personalized and become conspicuous to other possible car buyers as an exciting automobile to own.

ace996 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Lemon Law'd '05 V

As I've heard...Ford had a few secret agents infiltrate the GMPD design/engineering team and decided to sabotage the best car GM's ever produced. First they started with the shifter..."lets make it almost impossible to get into reverse". Then someone decided to "rubber mount the rear cradle..yes, major wheel hop, yes...so they'll never be able to really launch the car"....which led another really twisted Ford agent to add "and we'll spec an underrated differential that will whine,howl, and pop". The suspension agent added "self-leveling rear suspension so they'll never be able to drop the car or add stiffer springs without taking out a home-equity loan...AND they'll suffer major embarassment by unsightly wheel gap".
    Lastly, when they were exhausted thinking about ways to thwart the V...someone brought up the 6 lug wheels..."six lugs...Hahahahah...yeah, six lugs.....so they'll never be able to buy real race rims....just polished/chromed/blingity forged rollers...hahahaha...............AND RUN-FLATS...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"!!!!!

And there you have it....the real reason why we've been tortured by GM.
    F'the six lugs,
    ace996

CVP33 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

I actually like the 6 lugs. I just wish there were more affordable wheels out there for us. I doubt the aftermarket will ever "catch up" with this due to our limited production.

And for the record I agree with ACE. I'm down for any conspiracy theories.

Ace and CVP -

You're close. But it wasn't Ford.

It was Hyundai

yeah so many things seem absurd but in the end the car is still sweet!!!

The iforged rims are around 900 a piece without tires and to make it worse you go on ebay and you can find practically a new set of iforged or hre for aorund 2500 with tires. 19's 20's 18's whatever you desire and then you remember
    " I have 6 not 5 lugs"

-uplink- is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Looks like we need to do a single lug race hub conversion on the cars.
    -Mike

cadman2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

In those year v's there was to much power going to the rear and it was snapping the studs so they went to a 6 lug pattern. After market wheels are not cheap!!!!! I bought a pair for my 2004 cts v cost me 7200.00 . Now you can go to Carid.com they sell wheels now for alot cheaper. hope this helps!!

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Gotta love having a troll show up during the winter and insult our intelligence.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

2007-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

And bringing back the oldest thread ive seen revived yet.....lol

Keepin in classy

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwhl View Post
    Ace and CVP -

You're close. But it wasn't Ford.

It was Hyundai
    Hyundai is da bomb now, yo!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.