CTS-CTS-V Hood - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, CTS-CTS-V Hood in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by lasstss That is what the viper hood does that Stealth posted. I thought that was a Ford ...
    HDMLNIUM is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V SOLD /// 2009 CTS-V own

Re: CTS-CTS-V Hood

Quote Originally Posted by lasstss
    That is what the viper hood does that Stealth posted.
    I thought that was a Ford "GT"....

Bill

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by HDMLNIUM
    I thought that was a Ford "GT"....

Bill
    Your right, I didnt look at the lights. We need to decide what we are doing here. This has migrated from th cowl. Any good artists out there??

THe drawing kind of course!

kd7895 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

For some reason I understood that the base of the windshield is a "low pressure" area because the flow over it creates a sort of suction over a rear facing opening and the cowl area. Nascar and the 67-69 camaros used this area merely for cooler air, not a ram air effect. Nascar is concerned with aerodynamics and a forward facing opening would interupt flow and add air under the hood.

The Ford GT and Cobras use them for heat extraction and aerodynamics at the front by controlling air flow. They and the spectre openings face the rear of the car.

Anyone know which it is? I haven't seen many drag cars with rear facing scoops or inlets at the cowl except for aerodynamic reasons. No ram air set ups like that.

Mickey

THe sketch shown is a cowl with extraction and a scoop like the gt/front facing for ram air. This will work. HAvent heard from anyone on this so Im not doing anything until we get some response. Im not going to waste the guys time . Personally I dont like the extraction but I will go with the flow.

2005V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

THe sketch shown is a cowl with extraction and a scoop like the gt/front facing for ram air. This will work. HAvent heard from anyone on this so Im not doing anything until we get some response. Im not going to waste the guys time . Personally I dont like the extraction but I will go with the flow.
    Count me in for this version if it works with the maggie...

Nick

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by kd7895
    For some reason I understood that the base of the windshield is a "low pressure" area because the flow over it creates a sort of suction over a rear facing opening and the cowl area. Nascar and the 67-69 camaros used this area merely for cooler air, not a ram air effect. Nascar is concerned with aerodynamics and a forward facing opening would interupt flow and add air under the hood.

The Ford GT and Cobras use them for heat extraction and aerodynamics at the front by controlling air flow. They and the spectre openings face the rear of the car.

Anyone know which it is? I haven't seen many drag cars with rear facing scoops or inlets at the cowl except for aerodynamic reasons. No ram air set ups like that.

Mickey
    Remember the hood door at the rear of the Chevelle hoods near the windshield? It was called "Cowl Induction" Nick named Cowl-a Bunga. '67 Corvettes had a similar rear facing induction hood in 1967 for the big block.

Any of you guys near Rockdale Texas??
    Where is that?

luvmyVluvmyV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm in if it looks like the one on the STS-V. That's sweet!

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

All the runnin round about ram air and cowl movements, and such...gimme the STS V hood and Im in.

F

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    All the runnin round about ram air and cowl movements, and such...gimme the STS V hood and Im in.

F
    I tried calling these guys all day. No answer. I will try tomorrow. I think we go Cowl w/ induction opt 1.
    Cowl with extraction opt 2 if the builder is interested.
    We still need 10 guys at least which we do not have.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Any of you guys near Rockdale Texas??
    Where is that?
    actually maybe less than 2 hours from me
    http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ad...=l&trf=0&mag=4
    that link work?

slow35th and the other Houstoners are about 2 hours away, too.
    gimme some beer and i'll do anything for ya martin

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski
    actually maybe less than 2 hours from me
    http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ad...=l&trf=0&mag=4
    that link work?

slow35th and the other Houstoners are about 2 hours away, too.
    gimme some beer and i'll do anything for ya martin
    If beer is all it takes.. Tell you what, if you can get to EC and see Jimmy, get a feel for the joint, I will send you a free pinion reinforcement ring.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

EC and Jimmy, got it....
    how soon? this week and weekend I'm busy (like you remember from my e-mails)....earliest i could get there is Aug 31.
    don't want a pinion support i want a six pack of your favorite (you realize i have no freakn clue where you are LOL)

Geno is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Orginal owner; 2004 CTS-V

...just to repeat, I'm in, considering the following. I'll go with the cowl hood with or without the extractors. I'd prefer the front of the raise cowl does not extend to the very front of the hood.

The reason a drag car has a forward facing scoop is because you get a direct ram effect starting at a relatively low speed. Also, drag scoops are usually placed high off the surface of the hood to eliminate the boundary effect.

The reason Nascar cars use a cowl induction goes back to the old days when Nascar cars had real stock bodies . The best place to get high pressure air at about 180mph (without some sort of conventional scoop) is at the base of the windshield. The cowl hood requires the opening to be as close to the rear of the hood as possible to be effective...an opening at the top may be trick looking but not so effective.

BliTzer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Im still in... If we do not make our minds up soon, i have already told Marty at Kachina Caddy, and showed him the Specter werks hood design... I want something similiar to that to remove heat, with extractors that work... So he checking with his body shop & other fab shpos in Phoenix to see if they can get there hands on some extractors.. so if i have to, i will let them cut & modify my stock hood... I told them give me 5 days... this is a must for me, i cant wait much longer...

later blitzer

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.