Cleaning display on OEM head unit
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Cleaning display on OEM head unit in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; After buying my car I noticed the previous owner left a lot of residue in the shifter engravin ,fixed, and ...
    Pook0823 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cleaning display on OEM head unit

After buying my car I noticed the previous owner left a lot of residue in the shifter engravin ,fixed, and the display looks horrible. Would it be OK to use LCD/led monitor wipes or what I prefer is alcohol wipes. Or will this damage material like ammonia on tint. It doesn't feel like glass is my concern almost feels like a harder digitizer found in phones

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Wingsfan4life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V Black Raven
    I just pulled the infotainment unit out, and took the screen off and cleaned it with windex and put it back toghether...seems to be fine, and I do it every spring when I do a complete detail on my car to get it summer ready..

07cadv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Re: Cleaning display on OEM head unit

I used a screen cleaner solution and microfiber towel and it made it look brand new. Used in in my GF's Benz too. Very happy.

OK alcohol wipes/screen wipes it is. Untouched it and it feels like the soft digitizer under then glass screen of a phone, which makes me wonder why gm didn't opt to just make it touch screen. Feels and looks the same as my alpine double din. The markings that were on the screen look like someone took a stylus and the oils on their skin tainted the screen. Using a little lube (spit just to find out what the residue was) rubbed off easily. Just wanted to make sure I wouldn't harm dexterity or visual if the screen with a chemical

fweasel is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Pook0823 View Post
    makes me wonder why gm didn't opt to just make it touch screen.
    There was no time left after they concentrated so intently on making it a giant piece of shite. I fixed the marks on my screen by placing the entire head unit in a box and selling it on eBay!

Sadly I'm going back to my stocker from an alpine ive -w530

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.