5K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  calicadi 
#1 ·
I just got my wheels and tires installed

They're 19" Zone Wheels (Z1) with Toyo T1-R's

Front: 8.5" Rear: 9.5"

See less See more
#27 ·
Seattle CTS-V said:
Looks great! Would look even better (IMHO) with a 1-1.5 inch drop all around. A little less classy but a little more aggressive.
Thanks for the compliment! As a matter of fact I couldn't agree with you more! I ordered my Eibach springs and will install them this weekend along with my Magnaflow exhaust system I just ordered :D.

I'll post pics after I install everything this weekend.

#28 ·
Are you going with just the springs or will you be adding sways and shocks? Could take some height measurements before and after please? And definitely let us know your ride/handling change impressions. (Sorry about all the questions and thanks for the weight data.)

#29 ·
calicadi -

When speaking directly with Mallett about the Groundpounder package - he mentioned that if you opt for 265's instead of 275's, the suspension parts are not required (in otherwords, the rims/tires in that dimension fit without mods to the car). I almost went for it - but am glad I didn't.

WW

#30 ·
wildwhl said:
calicadi -

When speaking directly with Mallett about the Groundpounder package - he mentioned that if you opt for 265's instead of 275's, the suspension parts are not required (in otherwords, the rims/tires in that dimension fit without mods to the car). I almost went for it - but am glad I didn't.

WW
I vaguely remembered something about 265's but it's not on the Mallet page and didn't want pull a Dan Rather (know your sources!). So that was you! http://www.mallettcars.com/conversions/cts/ground-pounder.htm

Why are you glad you didn't?

#31 ·
calicadi -

Basically, I really like the widened stockers on the rear with 275's. I still don't think any of the aftermarket rims look as good (to me at least) as the stockers - and it keeps the V somewhat more Stealth.

The difference in cost, or savings, is "Maggie"fied by the fact I have a very unique wheel/tire combination (not to mention the ONLY lowered FG2's I know of!) for far less money. I think Lawfive is the only other V owner I know of (via this forum, of course) who has also gone this route.

I'm rambling, though...money no object the full GroundPounder package would be worth considering.

Also, from Mallett's website:

"Stage 1 - $21,880
Includes Performance Package PLUS Mallett 19" 1-pc forged wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 265x35x19 tires"

No spindle mods noted there :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.