pics: w/19" wheels - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, pics: w/19" wheels in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Have you had to clean them yet? That's alot of little nooks and crannies....
    Seattle CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V (sold)

Re: pics: w/19" wheels

Have you had to clean them yet? That's alot of little nooks and crannies.

BowenCT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V platinum/blk.

Best aftermarket wheel choice to date!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!

3rdstreet is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The wheels are VERY easy to clean...they have been clear coated with some special coating (was told it's similar to what they use to spray on billboards for graffiti-static free or something like that) anyways...all you have to do is hose them down and give them a brief swipe and all the brake dust comes right off!

Now for the BIG question that you've all been waiting for...

The wheel and tire package that I bought cost $6000 that was with my choice of BF Goodrich or Toyo tires (I went with the Toyo's - obviously)

I was quoted $6600 for the package with Michelin tires.

I know...I know...sounds a bit high...BUT if any car deserves a wheel of this calibur...certainley the V does! If you think the wheel looks great in pics...trust me they look A LOT better and classier in person! Well worth the dough!

I hope that helps...if you want to know where or how to buy them...visit their website and click on the "dealer" link...just contact one of them and they should be able to help you. Each dealer may have a little different pricing so - good luck.

Staxxin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Wow, that is pricey. They are really nice looking rims though... Can anyone recommend a nice 'cheap' set of wheels?

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Staxxim -

Stock V wheels widened to 9" front (maybe - verdict is out) and 9.25" rear by Eric Vaughn at Vaughn machine. Might be able to run something like 265/40 and 275/40 (rears for sure) with some spacer work...

Otherwise - there is no such thing as a cheap set of wheels for the V that I am aware of - save for the ones you've already paid for

steve711 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Staxxin
    Can anyone recommend a nice 'cheap' set of wheels?

Man im wichya mods on this care can be pricy but to be honest if you want a wheel thats a very high performing wheel its a high dollar game.
    There are some "decent" cheaper wheels out there.
    Hre's 4-6 Gs
    Mallets ground pounder package is also like 6Gs

3rdstreet Hot Hot wheels

Steve711 -

By the way - you can get the GroundPounder package in 265 width and not have to do the suspension mods for like $3.5K or so...Dreamin confirm?

calicadi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdstreet
    oh yah...forgot to mention...

the wheels are brushed with a polished lip and clear coated.

On another note: I also have graphics on the car. Can you see it? It's a black reflective stripe that reflects white when light is on it at night. Let me know what you think.
    Very nice wheel combo. You didn't by any chance weigh them did you?

Quote Originally Posted by wildwhl
    Steve711 -

By the way - you can get the GroundPounder package in 265 width and not have to do the suspension mods for like $3.5K or so...Dreamin confirm?
    Ground pounder requires modified front spindles and they recommend professional installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Staxxin
    Wow, that is pricey. They are really nice looking rims though... Can anyone recommend a nice 'cheap' set of wheels?
    I agree with wildwhl, nothing for this car is cheap. Nor should it be. I think what we all want is value for our hard earned moola. As long as I'm not getting totally gouged I'll buy my baby the best I can afford. I'm working with Jongbloed on a set of rims. I expect they'll be near that $ range. Also, IMO there's nothing wrong with the stock rims. They're made in Italy by Speedline. I'm keeping mine for daily drivers and will run competition rubber on the Jongbloeds. I'll post pictures as soon as available.

Quote Originally Posted by calicadi
    Very nice wheel combo. You didn't by any chance weigh them did you?
    Actually I did weigh them and they were a few lbs. (2-3) lighter than stock wheels. Both were weighed with rubber on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle CTS-V
    Looks great! Would look even better (IMHO) with a 1-1.5 inch drop all around. A little less classy but a little more aggressive.
    Thanks for the compliment! As a matter of fact I couldn't agree with you more! I ordered my Eibach springs and will install them this weekend along with my Magnaflow exhaust system I just ordered .

I'll post pics after I install everything this weekend.

Are you going with just the springs or will you be adding sways and shocks? Could take some height measurements before and after please? And definitely let us know your ride/handling change impressions. (Sorry about all the questions and thanks for the weight data.)

calicadi -

When speaking directly with Mallett about the Groundpounder package - he mentioned that if you opt for 265's instead of 275's, the suspension parts are not required (in otherwords, the rims/tires in that dimension fit without mods to the car). I almost went for it - but am glad I didn't.

WW

Quote Originally Posted by wildwhl
    calicadi -

When speaking directly with Mallett about the Groundpounder package - he mentioned that if you opt for 265's instead of 275's, the suspension parts are not required (in otherwords, the rims/tires in that dimension fit without mods to the car). I almost went for it - but am glad I didn't.

WW
    I vaguely remembered something about 265's but it's not on the Mallet page and didn't want pull a Dan Rather (know your sources!). So that was you! http://www.mallettcars.com/conversio...nd-pounder.htm

Why are you glad you didn't?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.