ebay wheel center caps
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, ebay wheel center caps in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; http://www.ebay.com/itm/04-09-Cadill...ad1df5&vxp=mtr I guess we can start with the cheapest ones and work our way through my wallet if need be.... ...
    ctsv247 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

ebay wheel center caps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/04-09-Cadill...ad1df5&vxp=mtr

I guess we can start with the cheapest ones and work our way through my wallet if need be....

Anybody tried these??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: ebay wheel center caps

Recieved in the mail today and for 49 bucks, I'm happy.

PJGross is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

FYI, I've bought similar to these twice. In my experience, eventually water/junk will work in between the clear plastic top and base and erode the adhesive, causing cosmetic deterioration and eventually separation. On my latest round of caps, I used a flexible sealant and "buttered" it around the outside edge joint after taping the clear cover with painters tape. To avoid a cosmetic issue, I would tape the edge of the clear cover, around its circumference, not just the top surface, to avoid seeing the sealant through the plastic.

Personally, I used a flexible urethane in b/c that's what I had at work. However, a neutral cure silicone should be fine as well. I don't think I would use an acetoxy silicone (smells vinegarish) because it could corrode the metal foil under the emblem as it gives off acid during cure. Other sealants may be solvented to the point where they could effect the decorative foil as well, so use caution.

So far, I have 2 winters on my winter caps here in Michigan and they have held up just fine, no separation/corrosion.
    Without sealing, one of my last sets did not last a full year without showing some pitting under the plastic cover.

-PJ

Quote Originally Posted by PJGross View Post
    FYI, I've bought similar to these twice. In my experience, eventually water/junk will work in between the clear plastic top and base and erode the adhesive, causing cosmetic deterioration and eventually separation. On my latest round of caps, I used a flexible sealant and "buttered" it around the outside edge joint after taping the clear cover with painters tape. To avoid a cosmetic issue, I would tape the edge of the clear cover, around its circumference, not just the top surface, to avoid seeing the sealant through the plastic.

Personally, I used a flexible urethane in b/c that's what I had at work. However, a neutral cure silicone should be fine as well. I don't think I would use an acetoxy silicone (smells vinegarish) because it could corrode the metal foil under the emblem as it gives off acid during cure. Other sealants may be solvented to the point where they could effect the decorative foil as well, so use caution.

So far, I have 2 winters on my winter caps here in Michigan and they have held up just fine, no separation/corrosion.
    Without sealing, one of my last sets did not last a full year without showing some pitting under the plastic cover.

-PJ
    Nice tip!

Wingsfan4life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V Black Raven
    I bought 2 sets of those, and they seem to be an awesome deal-i-o..the ones I put on last year are still great, and I wash my car daily sometimes twice...lmao

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.