Anyone have HID fogs? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Anyone have HID fogs? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by akm2k5 Were they difficult to replace? Not that much too it but I had the bumper off ...
    slow35th is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Anyone have HID fogs?

Quote Originally Posted by akm2k5
    Were they difficult to replace?
    Not that much too it but I had the bumper off at the time. (long story ) Do a search, there are some detailed descriptions on how to do it. Even if I did not have the bumper off, I'd do it again.

Lance

akm2k5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

thanks again, for the pics

Quote Originally Posted by akm2k5
    Dont those lights burn hotter than the stock lights? Im worried about melting the housing.. Thats why I was looking at an HID alternative for brighter lighting...
    I had the same concerns and asked the same questions. So far to my knowledge no one has had any problems and some guys have been running them for over a year with no problems.

doc-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Here is sylvania's response to my inquiry about the silverstar 9145st:

Thank you for your inquiry. The release of part 9145ST has been postponed. Part 9145ST is now scheduled to be released sometime in the fall. The exact release date has not yet been provided. Please feel free to check our website in the coming weeks for an update. All of our upgrades are "plug-n-play" compatible, meaning all that you would need to do is remove the original equipment and plug in the upgrade. For example, we could not call a part a 9145 SilverStar unless it fell within the parameters of the standard 9145 bulb specifications. There are off-road applications that some people use that have very high wattage that can cause damage. Our products should not be grouped amongst those. There is no risk of damage to your assembly, and you do not need to make any modifications to install these. There is also no need to install any additional equipment for these to function properly.

OSRAM Sylvania
    Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by doc-V
    Here is sylvania's response to my inquiry about the silverstar 9145st:

Thank you for your inquiry. The release of part 9145ST has been postponed. Part 9145ST is now scheduled to be released sometime in the fall. The exact release date has not yet been provided. Please feel free to check our website in the coming weeks for an update. All of our upgrades are "plug-n-play" compatible, meaning all that you would need to do is remove the original equipment and plug in the upgrade. For example, we could not call a part a 9145 SilverStar unless it fell within the parameters of the standard 9145 bulb specifications. There are off-road applications that some people use that have very high wattage that can cause damage. Our products should not be grouped amongst those. There is no risk of damage to your assembly, and you do not need to make any modifications to install these. There is also no need to install any additional equipment for these to function properly.

OSRAM Sylvania
    Customer Service
    9005's work fine. The 9005 has one tab that is slightly larger than the 9145, other than that they are identical. The 9005 is brighter though.

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Ive had the Silverstars for almost 9 months...no problem with heat on the lens.

F

As long as they fit and work I dont have a problem.. But if 9005s are highbeams (and brighter), do they blind oncoming traffic?
    Quote Originally Posted by slow35th
    9005's work fine. The 9005 has one tab that is slightly larger than the 9145, other than that they are identical. The 9005 is brighter though.

corneredbeast is offline Cadillac Owners Member

These would complete the ensemble

Wacky Reverse BlindersŪ

2004ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by corneredbeast
    These would complete the ensemble

Wacky Reverse BlindersŪ
    There is something evil about the mind that thought these up.

I love them.

Tony

beers is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan (gray/black), previous 2004 CTS-V

I dont know how close slow35th's photos look to 'in person' but the pictures look great. The fog's look like a match to the HID's.

FYI, akm2k5, you have a private message waiting

Parker is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Ill be getting these tommorrow since my bumpers off and I tinted the amber in the front.

Thanks for the pics!!! You da man.

parker, take some real good pics of the front amber tints, and whatever changes you make (if its possible).. Goodluck.

Parker is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I will do so. Im also going to have the eibach kit on with 295s on the rear. I cant wait to see how that pans out.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

so just did mine.
    Got the PIAA Xtreme white, 4000K bulbs
    http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-9000.html
    Fairly cheap on ebay for 34 bux.
    I already have the lower air dam off, and with small hands you can reach up there and swap them out. Just a quick unclip and twist. Let me warn you, the PIAA 9005 tabs do NOT match perfectly with stockers and you WILL have to well...force them in. They do fit however. Large hands forget it, you'll have to drop the bumper cover. oi
    My difficulty scale: 3. Left bulb swap is a tighter squeeze than right.
    Pain in the ass factor: 4.
    Beers: 1
    Results: As you can see on newbulbs, there is NOT much of a difference. Are they less yellow than stockers? not much. As white/blue as the HIDs? NO, they are decidedly yellow. Makes me wonder if the lens isn't a bit yellow. I read the stock HIDs are 4300K, and these are 4000K...should be close. Maybe you need 5000K to be as "blue". hmm.
    Brighter? not much.
    Worth it? nope. not at all. but it was 34 bux so who cares
    **insider tip: you need to remove the lower air dam to mail your PCM to StealthV for a tune, so swap your fogs then

Very nice Urb..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.