Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Refinishing (painting or powder coating) calipers

33K views 120 replies 37 participants last post by  rand49er 
#1 ·
I had my calipers powdercoated yellow and added some Brembo decals followed by a clear over coat to seal them on. Few pics, not great photo's but gives you an idea:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

See less See more
#17 ·
Re: Yellow Calipers

My take on yellow calipers (courtesy of GM):

You were at VIR with my Audi buddies?? crap... I wish I would've known. I would've made more of an effort to make that event. I was on the fence about it since there was no V-Day this year and the PCC-ACNA chapter didn't do their fall Summit Point event. so... funds could've paid for VIR. We could've beaten up on the Audi peeps... well, they all drive bimmers now... either way, V > Audi > bimmer

Your old wheels... with PO's old, rock hard, crappy GY F1 GS D3 tires at last year's ACNA Summit Point event... which those tires are trashed now and Falken RT615k tires are on those wheels waiting for next summer. I mounted your Blizzaks on the PO's curbed Accessory wheels. I now need to mount your old Nitto NT01s on a curbed set of stock wheels that I found for cheap...to then have summer (wet track), winter and track setups.
(pre-suspension work)

And, my "yellow" calipers:

#16 ·
Re: Yellow Calipers

Bout time you got that tub back on the street.

The calipers match the GACs.......poseur

#19 ·
#20 ·
Few new pics of painted calipers

I have'nt posted any pics in a long time but finally cleaned er up and thought i'd post up a few. I've had my calipers done for a while and recently did the muffler delete and exhaust tips (Love the way it sounds now!) and also changed to V2 shifter knob ( i went with the suede)I definitely am doing the clear fogs and side marker lights as soon as we get enough for the group buy! But here they are. What i did was to tape off the existing V logo on the calipers and sprayed several coats of the caliper paint and clear-coated I've had this done for about 6 months now and still look like new! Yes i went old school red but thought it went well with the wheel centers and badges. Easy enough to change colors if a get tired of this look!Also made a set of headlight overlays in black and think it looks much better than the grey .
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Sedan

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Rim

Alloy wheel Rim Tire Wheel Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Cadillac sts

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Automotive exhaust

Attachments

#24 ·
Re: Few new pics of painted calipers

Yep I approve!

#27 ·

Nope they are not decals. I simply taped off the existing v logo leaving about 1/16 of the silver all around the logo and then scuffed them up with steel wool and painted them! Using masking tape you can see through the tape enough using a straight edge and exacto knife to carefully cut around the logo.

#28 ·

Nope they are not decals. I simply taped off the existing v logo leaving about 1/16 of the silver all around the logo and then scuffed them up with steel wool and painted them! Using masking tape you can see through the tape enough using a straight edge and exacto knife to carefully cut around the logo.
Looks good that way. I did order decals from 8th Day Creations, but I'll try your way first.

Thought about blue. Thought about yellow. Even mused about orange. But, think I'll go red.

Last couple of ques: Did you do the back side, too? Did you leave them on and mask off everything else?

#29 ·

I did remove them from the mounting lates but did not remove the brake line. I used plenty of brake clean and a toothbrush to get in all the hard to reach places. I taped off the hard lines and rubber also for a cleaner look. I also contemplated several other colors as well but kept coming back to the red. If I had black wheels I'd probably go yellow or blue. but since mine are polished I kept it a lil' old school! Guess it shows my age !:yup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.