Refinishing (painting or powder coating) calipers - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Refinishing (painting or powder coating) calipers in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Bout time you got that tub back on the street. The calipers match the GACs....... poseur...
    crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Re: Yellow Calipers

Bout time you got that tub back on the street.

The calipers match the GACs.......poseur

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    My take on yellow calipers (courtesy of GM):

You were at VIR with my Audi buddies?? crap... I wish I would've known. I would've made more of an effort to make that event. I was on the fence about it since there was no V-Day this year and the PCC-ACNA chapter didn't do their fall Summit Point event. so... funds could've paid for VIR. We could've beaten up on the Audi peeps... well, they all drive bimmers now... either way, V > Audi > bimmer

Your old wheels... with PO's old, rock hard, crappy GY F1 GS D3 tires at last year's ACNA Summit Point event... which those tires are trashed now and Falken RT615k tires are on those wheels waiting for next summer. I mounted your Blizzaks on the PO's curbed Accessory wheels. I now need to mount your old Nitto NT01s on a curbed set of stock wheels that I found for cheap...to then have summer (wet track), winter and track setups.
    (pre-suspension work)

And, my "yellow" calipers:

Mn800r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 V Coupe, 05 V Mod'd, 91 Fatboy,98 Ultra classic, 07 Tahoe

Anyone know if you can buy the V sticker for the calipers yet?

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by Mn800r View Post
    Anyone know if you can buy the V sticker for the calipers yet?
    Here you go: http://8thdaycreations.com/products-...aliper-decals/

I just ordered their V emblem overlays last month, took about 3 weeks but they showed up and I'm thrilled with them. Just be patient with the order and they will come.

Edit: you can see the overlays in the photo's on my first post.
    Mn800r and Mn800r like this.

Fastone27 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan, 08 SRX4

Few new pics of painted calipers

I have'nt posted any pics in a long time but finally cleaned er up and thought i'd post up a few. I've had my calipers done for a while and recently did the muffler delete and exhaust tips (Love the way it sounds now!) and also changed to V2 shifter knob ( i went with the suede)I definitely am doing the clear fogs and side marker lights as soon as we get enough for the group buy! But here they are. What i did was to tape off the existing V logo on the calipers and sprayed several coats of the caliper paint and clear-coated I've had this done for about 6 months now and still look like new! Yes i went old school red but thought it went well with the wheel centers and badges. Easy enough to change colors if a get tired of this look!Also made a set of headlight overlays in black and think it looks much better than the grey .
    cad9.jpg
    cad10.jpg
    cad5.jpg
    cad3.jpg
    cad12.jpg
    Attached Images
    J W and J W like this.

alradco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Few new pics of painted calipers

Wow your V is beautiful

kciaccio is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Man. that red REALLY pops!

----------

Man. that red REALLY pops! Picture 2 looks really good.

I8URSVT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS-V

looks good!

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Yep I approve!

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Looks classy!

Are those V decals that you applied after painting the caliper red? Got a link?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    If I keep my V2, red calipers are a serious consideration...

Nope they are not decals. I simply taped off the existing v logo leaving about 1/16 of the silver all around the logo and then scuffed them up with steel wool and painted them! Using masking tape you can see through the tape enough using a straight edge and exacto knife to carefully cut around the logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastone27 View Post
    Nope they are not decals. I simply taped off the existing v logo leaving about 1/16 of the silver all around the logo and then scuffed them up with steel wool and painted them! Using masking tape you can see through the tape enough using a straight edge and exacto knife to carefully cut around the logo.
    Looks good that way. I did order decals from 8th Day Creations, but I'll try your way first.

Thought about blue. Thought about yellow. Even mused about orange. But, think I'll go red.

Last couple of ques: Did you do the back side, too? Did you leave them on and mask off everything else?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

I did remove them from the mounting lates but did not remove the brake line. I used plenty of brake clean and a toothbrush to get in all the hard to reach places. I taped off the hard lines and rubber also for a cleaner look. I also contemplated several other colors as well but kept coming back to the red. If I had black wheels I'd probably go yellow or blue. but since mine are polished I kept it a lil' old school! Guess it shows my age !

^^^ Good. That's what I was hoping you'd say. I can do that no problem.

With my Linea Corse wheels, I'm back thinking of some bright glossy blue. Hm-m ...
    Bigtuna819 and Bigtuna819 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.