Can you guys fit 22"s on the cts?? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Can you guys fit 22"s on the cts?? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Bliinnnnnggggg!!!...
    Geno is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Orginal owner; 2004 CTS-V

Re: Can you guys fit 22"s on the cts??

Bliinnnnnggggg!!!

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I have to say that the idea of putting 22s (or even 20s) on a CTS-V brings to mind the kind of Cadillac image that tends to push some people (like me) away from the brand...

Seattle CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by JEM
    I have to say that the idea of putting 22s (or even 20s) on a CTS-V brings to mind the kind of Cadillac image that tends to push some people (like me) away from the brand...
    I have to say that its exactly this kind of image that is allowing Cadillac to remain 'acceptable' to the younger generations. Like 99% of my friends, younger buyers typically prefer the Japanese and German cars for their looks and image. If Cadillac wasn't made 'cool' by their appearances in videos and magazines then I'm afraid it would be struggling to find new customers.

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle CTS-V
    I have to say that its exactly this kind of image that is allowing Cadillac to remain 'acceptable' to the younger generations. Like 99% of my friends, younger buyers typically prefer the Japanese and German cars for their looks and image. If Cadillac wasn't made 'cool' by their appearances in videos and magazines then I'm afraid it would be struggling to find new customers.
    Well said.

But 22" on a V brings to mind roller skates.

To each is own though.

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle CTS-V
    22s are just as tacky on a Bimmer or Benz as they are on a Cadillac.

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by JEM
    22s are just as tacky on a Bimmer or Benz as they are on a Cadillac.
    22's on a 745 is sick, dont hate

oceanhut is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

Im a 23 year old...I had 20" Giovannas on my last truck when 21s were only a pipe dream in a wheel designers head (let alone 22s or 27s.) I,personally, cannot wait for the huge wheels craze to die. The whole bling scene is killing me.
    I dont think there is anything more beautiful than a 19" 3 piece HRE wheel. It is functional and aesthetically pleasing, without being ostentatious.

seanr56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by oceanhut
    Im a 23 year old...I had 20" Giovannas on my last truck when 21s were only a pipe dream in a wheel designers head (let alone 22s or 27s.) I,personally, cannot wait for the huge wheels craze to die. The whole bling scene is killing me.
    I dont think there is anything more beautiful than a 19" 3 piece HRE wheel. It is functional and aesthetically pleasing, without being ostentatious.
    I could not agree with you more. 22's only slow the car down anyway. Why buy a CTS-V and put 22's on it only to see a guy with stock 18's blow you away? Also, such large rims usually ruin the ride quality and handling and are just plain tacky. If you really want to roll with big rims, get an Escalade.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.