CCW Wheel (Update)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, CCW Wheel (Update) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Talked to John about my wheels today. He has offered to cut me a new set and send them out ...
    ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

CCW Wheel (Update)

Talked to John about my wheels today. He has offered to cut me a new set and send them out on Monday. He said I can change wheel patterns if I would like and thinks the SP16B's would look better on the V. They will also accomodate the factory V cap. They are a different design so I thought I would get you guys to give me your opinions. The inside barrels won't be polished now so I won't have to worry about polishing that part. Enclosing a pic along with a link.

http://www.ccwheel.com/files/wheelpr...l.php?id=sp16a

Shane

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

Re: CCW Wheel (Update)

Shane I think either wheel style will look awesome on the V. Just my .02 from an Escalade owner.
    ~Steve

Dreamin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 V

He's making you new wheels for your pain and suffering (the waiting) ?

Or we can chrome wheels in his shop now??

And I like the wheels above and the SP600.

Dreamin,

Let's just say that the new Michelins that will be mounted on all four corners............are discounted I really liked how my 505's looked and wanted chrome, but the ETA on them is who know's. John says he won't be offering chrome again until he can do it in house. The SP16's will also have a little bit bigger lip on them than my 505's if I go that route. Hoping a bunch of people chime in with there opinions.

Shane

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

i just love multi spoke wheels like that. I say go for it.

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Im getting a similar wheel. That design will work well with the V. As far as chroming, probably good in california or dry climates.
    I have owned a lot of chromed aluminum wheels, they dont last. Eventually they pit. You can always polish out an alloy wheel. Even if its a pain do do. IMHO..

Okay guys, going to go with the SP16's. The "boss" said she liked them too. My next question is what to finish the inside of the barrel in. John said that he could paint it silver or black, rough machine finish or scotchbrite finish. What do you guys think would be the best???? Don't want to do polished since it will be to hard for upkeep.

Thanks,
    Shane

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

The SP16s are somewhat similar to my HREs. To give you an idea for colors, the centers are silver and the lips are chrome but are usually a nice shade of brake dust "silver".

HDMLNIUM is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V SOLD /// 2009 CTS-V own

Shane,

Nice choice on the SP16's, love them...
    I personally would go silver in machined finish.. Good luck this time and I hope you get her back on the road soon...

Bill

Well the wife did a photo shop for me to compare. See what you guys think. Posting a pic of the 505's along with the SP16's. Honest opinions please.

Shane

HDMLNIUM is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V SOLD /// 2009 CTS-V own

My vote is for........... Option A........

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...chmentid=10220

Looking at it more I still like my choice the best but the wheels also fill the wheel wells more so that adds to my decision, maybe have the second set fill them up the same and you could get a better idea ..

Thanks, HDMLNIUM.

I'm kinda split. I think the SP16 is more of a "current" look wheel. When I was refering to the barrel I meant the actual inside "behind" the polished spokes. Don't know if i was clear on that before. The front will be all polished with the inside of the barrel of the wheel whatever finish I decide. Hopefully that will keep down the polishing time. Before on the 505's I had to pull the wheel to polish the inside of the barrel about once a month. That was one of the main reasons I was getting them chromed.

Shane

dreamcarc6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V & 1993 Eldorado

I like the 505's much better, followed by the 600's, and then the SP16's. SP16's look a little more European than the others. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the choices you have.

I still don't understand why you can't just have them powdercoated clear and never have to polish them.

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Something to consider - as a fellow split-spoke wheel owner, I look at your original 505s and think they'd be much easier/quicker to keep clean between the spokes than the SP16s which have yet another set of spokes beyond mine.

What would a photochop of the 600s look like on your car?

....silver barrells all the way.

StealthV,

What is the finish on the inside of the barrel of your wheel. I now the outside spokes are painted silver, but is the inside of the barrel the same????

As far as cleaning goes they would probably be more work. Right now it's kind of a toss up. Don't really care for the 600's that much. I like the split spoke look.

Shane

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.