A few Pics of MY 2005 V, before & few after mods - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, A few Pics of MY 2005 V, before & few after mods in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by BliTzer i need it, fck the looks.. if you were in that baby, and i decide to ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: A few Pics of MY 2005 V, before & few after mods

Quote Originally Posted by BliTzer
    i need it, fck the looks.. if you were in that baby, and i decide to go WOT, you be crying for that wing as we go up uuup upp upppp and awayyyyyyy
    lmao.. staying on the groud is soo much funner.
    Unless you plan on hitting 220mph at Le Mans, you won't need any more spoiler than what came from the factory. Besides, a rear wing wouldn't help your car stay planted as much as a deeper front chin spoiler and some extensive designs in underbody diffusers. The rear spoiler is mainly for stability and getting more downforce for better traction...not lift resistence.

But, that being said, dat dems some killer mods you got.

V-seriesTech is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

What kind of numbers did it lay down?

Dave's V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Blitzer,
    Nice looking ride! I personally like the wing especially if it is painted body color. When I lived in Phoenix they didn't even have a 202. I was down there last year and that place is insane at tiimes.

Later.

Dave

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Blitzer, are you in Phoenix? Because I am in Tucson, maybe we could meet up sometime, I def wanna check out those mods and see the wing painted. Only performance mods I have right now are More Performance CAI and exhaust w/ x-pipe. I do however have a rear suspension cradle and subframe connectors that help out with the wheel a lot, but not completely of course. You've gotta check out my system too, once you hear it you'll want it in your ride too :coolgleam

The car is in the shop right now and I have no good pics of the wheels, but I'll get over there today or tomorrow and get some close-ups for you. They were custom made by Giovanna, not sure if you can even get that style anywhere else. My buddy worked for a rim shop in Vegas and worked it out so they made them with the correct bolt pattern/offset etc.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Looks like one bad-ass ride for sure. I'm jealous as hell.

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Thumbs up Re: A few Pics of MY 2005 V, before & few after mods

That's one bad A$$ V Blitzer :coolgleam

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

Whoa... And I thought my little blown 346 was a big deal. You go, Blitzer!

(Part of me wants to see the dyno, and part of me don't...)

darvish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 sedan , 11 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    Unless you plan on hitting 220mph at Le Mans, you won't need any more spoiler than what came from the factory. Besides, a rear wing wouldn't help your car stay planted as much as a deeper front chin spoiler and some extensive designs in underbody diffusers. The rear spoiler is mainly for stability and getting more downforce for better traction...not lift resistence.

But, that being said, dat dems some killer mods you got.
    Yup...i agree with that,, rethink the rear wing untill you get a deeper front spoiler,, keeping air from UNDER the car is the first priority THEN think about rear downforce Porsche drivers put a 930 wing on a 911 and wonder why it gets light in the front at speed. they need to work in conjunction with each other.

But a nice car you have there,,,, what do i owe you for the info on the diff?

Bill
    St Louis

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I think the spoiler is pretty nice....Its not ricer and its unique...why the hate?

Flyboy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Cool Re: A few Pics of MY 2005 V, before & few after mods

Blitzer ROCKS!!!! Can't wait for the dyno results and ESPECIALLY 1/4 mile times....(that's where it should really shine....so to speak). My guess would be...hmmm.......VERY LOW 12's and around 118 -- 120. Remember, very heavy car and it's all POWER TO WEIGHT on the strip. Very Kool car and BTW, I'm a fan of chrome wheels, but only on the black "V" GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BUILDINGCTSAMG
    I think the spoiler is pretty nice....Its not ricer and its unique...why the hate?
    I'm not saying it's not a nice spoiler. I do want to see pictures once it's finished.

But the bludgeoning BMW boy Blitzer was talking about keeping his V on the ground and not flying away. A bigger rear spoiler WILL NOT help do that. That's all I'm saying.

BliTzer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Big, hold up... There is some confusion..

Let me clear it up ok brother...

1) I like it, when its painted to match, i think ppl will change minds, not all but few. ONE PICTURE IS HARD TO JUDGE, HANG, & BURY.

2) You remember awhile back, i posted a friend builds drag bikes, they run them in salt flats... Me in Arizona, hey? thats i fun drive, wil not take long...
    I SAID SAID THEN IN THAT POST, I NEED A REAR WING THAT WOULD HOLD DOWN THE REAR & GIVE ME SOME EDGE OF SUPPORT (EDGE) being key word. I will take that baby out, WOT it 1-2-3-4-5-6 & see what it will do.. why? yeah i love it, you guys want to live forever? hell it is going to be fun, and who knows i might take some kind of a record, it could be "look! that thing is reaching 25,000 feet in seconds, wait more like 20, those clouds dont look that high." or who knows i might make it back with a greta video for all to see... B&B WOULD LOVE IT, MAGGIE WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT, and i can thing of thousand other why's..

BIG, thats why my friend.. I just would like to push the envelope, and ppl stilldo that, and it still make results, some for the better, some bad... but im hoping something great comes out of it.

!later blitzer

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    I'm not saying it's not a nice spoiler. I do want to see pictures once it's finished.

But the bludgeoning BMW boy Blitzer was talking about keeping his V on the ground and not flying away. A bigger rear spoiler WILL NOT help do that. That's all I'm saying.
    OK, Blitz, since your reading comprehension leaves a little to be desired, I'll repost my previous response. I NEVER SAID I DON'T LIKE THE SPOILER.

Putting on a bigger rear spoiler will ONLY BENEFIT YOUR REAR WHEEL TRACTION, and at a miniscule amount at that. In fact, the added drag will slow you down. What it does do is give more rear downforce which gives added traction at high speeds in very powered vehicles. So...if you are going to be racing over 130mph and don't want wheelspin, that spoiler will help. IT WILL NOT HELP YOUR CAR FROM YOUR FEARED TAKEOFF.

If you watched the Talladega NEXTEL Cup race last weekend, you'll see enormous front chin spoilers that virtually scrape the ground at almost every dip. That front spoiler is what gives those cars stability and keeping it on the ground at high speeds. A very smooth underbody with air tunnels adds to this. And...here's the key, they minimize the size of the rear spoiler to decrease drag and increase speeds. They hit 195mph and don't fly away.

Remember, I did not say I hated the spoiler. But it's only use is for looks.

Shall I make this statement again?

BliTzer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

OK, Blitz, since your reading comprehension leaves a little to be desired, I'll repost my previous response. I NEVER SAID I DON'T LIKE THE SPOILER.

Putting on a bigger rear spoiler will ONLY BENEFIT YOUR REAR WHEEL TRACTION, and at a miniscule amount at that. In fact, the added drag will slow you down. What it does do is give more rear downforce which gives added traction at high speeds in very powered vehicles. So...if you are going to be racing over 130mph and don't want wheelspin, that spoiler will help. IT WILL NOT HELP YOUR CAR FROM YOUR FEARED TAKEOFF.

Blitz, since your reading comprehension leaves a little to be desired <-- this reall necessary when you haven't read the whole thing.. you disected, then gave the big brainer attack, like eating a BIGMAC a sonic speed!

Big Big BIG,

Please read whle post. Sorry it is kinda long.. This is not to convince you in anyway about the above, just to show you where im at and why....So please grab a coke, relax, eat a sandwich, and read away.

I understand exactly what you are saying and i do understand. Im not a little kid that just came into lots of money.. I am 40 years old, built several old rods.. from SS's to RS's even had a 1968 Javelin once. Back in 1976-1982 things were alot different then. You had tri-two barrels, two 4 barrels on tunnel rams, 4.11 gears to 5.13 on streat, rockcrushers, tuck & shortened, narrowed 9 inch FRE's. So i have been around..

Now, this what the problem is. BElow Consist of mental & physical equations.
    Out of 2000 thousand rear wings i looked at, including the internet and local wharehouses, i just ran out of luck for "what you would call the perfect performance wing"
    BIG, I am running at of time my friend, i dont have the luxury to order, wait till they get what i want, then ship it from BFE.

I am getting it modified today after 2pm, that also includes best approx attack angle for that vehicle, and creating less amont of drag at low speeds.
    These guys are good, they shave the stands perfectly to match, then they use a huge fan, some kinda funky neon or a light like that, this funky blue or green looking string, stretch them out over the car, wind tunnel type gismo thingy, computer captures the graphics of the string and then from what i gather a some math formula comes from it for closest or best down flow you can recieve. OK will that help at low speeds, i understand what you saying about that, it could even create drag if too much AOA.. BUT read below i think you will understand where im coming from..

Here comes the mental/psychological part..

When i go to SALT FLATS and meet jay and his co-workers that build 1/4 mile drag bikes, there is my chance like i said to run it like i stole it wide open, all the way to 6th gear, till the speed Odometer quits moving, push my log button and send all the info to my "little black box" Plus see what that baby will do WITH ALL THE DAMN MODS/HP, God don't forget MONEY, lots of it that i have put into the beast. Now mentally, knowing from what i have read, it seems to me, and i might be wrong, they HAVE a GREATER CHANCE at speeds over 140 to get:

1. To Get squirly & u can lose it if you panic or not somewhat experienced driver. Not professional im saying, but knowing when to use some dam common sense.

2. The other mental part, knowing im out of time to find the "PERFECT WING" SO I GO WITH I GOT, PLUS it mentally makes me feel confident knowing those guys will get the right AOA on that wing...and in my MIND it going to help keep that rear end mre stable than nothing at all (big mental part: im at the seat driving, im pretty damn sure since no one else is doing this, wants to this, or saying,"what is wrong with this guy" same thing that is wrong with most sports car drivers, slightlty nuts & its fun.
    BUT THIS IS A 5 1/2 Mile run, at WOT, all the way BIG, from 1-2-3-4-5-6 wide open, tuned car & checked, taking 20's off using a yokohama's wheels & tires, for that type of terrain..
    We want to check, with all the new mods added to this V...
    0 to 60 officially, on tape.
    1/8 mile recorded,
    1/4 mile run recorded,
    1 mile run recorded..
    and the rest best top speed makeable thats left over from 5 1/2 miles. This run will be done at the same time, as we go thru 5 miles, not 5 different runs.

This is a racing cadillac, damn this is not for sure my dads eldorado, other family members caddy dinner cars.. For god sakes, i spent alot of money, and i deserve to see what will blow up, what will make it, and statistics galore...
    Mentally behind that wheel, i have GOD's mercy, my driving skills, and a really positive outlook wing will help with all that HP and speed that modded baby has..
    Getting what im saying now... Physical is one thing, mental morale of being positive is another, i sure wouldn't want to tell DAle jr, that new design is going to put him in the wall like his father, some ppl cant think about being scared or worried, just have those positives outlooks, feelings, & maybe that rabbit foot hangin somewhere in that car, just to keep them going... I need that rabbits foot, so please dont take it away, just yet BIG.

You understand where i am coming from?

blitzer

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

Blitzer,

OK, I'm convinced that you're a mad genius. You go! And I have it on good authority that you're right, at 140 - 150 the V starts to feel squirrely, just about where a Vette would start to really settle in.

Get some sleep and let us know how things progress. And get some sleep.

Jerry

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.