Updated Frozen Grey Metallic V1 on 20x8.5 Dub Wheels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Updated Frozen Grey Metallic V1 on 20x8.5 Dub Wheels in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hi, a couple of you probably already know my first thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...v1-watcha.html Well, after almost 8 months have passed I ...
    Silencertk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V V1

Cool Updated Frozen Grey Metallic V1 on 20x8.5 Dub Wheels

Hi,

a couple of you probably already know my first thread:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...v1-watcha.html

Well, after almost 8 months have passed I can proudly announced, I've done some small updates. The vinyl is holding up great, the plasti dipped mirrors are fading a bit. Luckily they're easy to re-dip.

So since my small fenderbender, that caused me to replace -
    -Front Bumper
    -Hood
    -Grill (havent got the new one yet)
    -Airbag

I've also added
    -Suede wrapped steering wheel/airbag
    -Suede Shift Boot
    -LED Gear Indicator Shift Knob
    -LLody V Logo Floor Mats
    -G-Force 1000ps Anti Wheelhop CV Axles
    -GM Performance Brake Disc's
    -20x8.5 Dub Wheels

Yes the wheels rub on the plastic fender lining when turning. They are wrapped with 235/35/20 Nittos, I went with a smaller tire to have more clearance to the outside of the fender. I'm dropped pretty much as low as I can do - with thoose wheels. They have a..... +38mm offset, which barely cleared the brembos. I added 3mm spacers, just to be on the safe side.

*** TECHHEAD Question****

- I replaced the Airbag, pulled the fuse, reinstalled. However the Airbag light still stays illuminated. If anybody can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. Do I need to replace the sensor located in the front, or the entire airbag module? Anyway to reset the whole airbag system?

So, here are the pictures

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Updated Frozen Grey Metallic V1 on 20x8.5 Dub Wheels

Where did you get your steering wheel wrapped, and can you provide additional pictures of it?

local Shop. and I'll see if i get a chance to snag some more tomorrow. looking for anything in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by Silencertk View Post
    local Shop. and I'll see if i get a chance to snag some more tomorrow. looking for anything in particular?
    Details on the stitching would be nice--especially around the logo and edges of the airbag assembly. That's the first job I've seen that looks first-rate.
    Pillow likes this.

Faber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None :(

thems is some big 'ol rims. looking pretty good.

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Looks pretty cool, man. Definitely not "the usual" rims 'n' tires upgrade!

I'm with Fuzzy...that steering wheel looks awesome!! I like your knob too............ I mean, it's pretty neat. How/what wiring did you have to run to it??

I know all the speed demons are going to say it's slowing me down and ride quality bla bla. I've always liked a stiffer suspension. With the coilovers it's already nice and firm and the low profile tires tighten up the ride a little more. I don't track, i have the Autobahn lol. I'm more of a looks kinda guy so i went with looks as opposed to functionality. Soooo yes those are some big wheels. But not big imo.

The shift knob only requires a power source which i stole from the cig lighter

The shift knob only requires a power source which i stole from the cig lighter
    I've googled the crap out of those things since seeing your post, and they don't seem readily available...and damn they're expensive!! Did you happen to find somewhere to get a decent price on that? Also, I haven't come across an "orange" LED like yours appears in that pic. Is it red, or orange that matches the HVAC controls?

Nope they're expensive. Gaslock Indi Cator runs probably around $200-230? This version is multicolor, meaning it can be set to perfectly match whatever your interior lighting color is or whatever you desire.

Mine matches the hvac controls and the rest.

Badass stuff costs Badass money lol

Nope they're expensive. Gaslock Indi Cator runs probably around $200-230? This version is multicolor, meaning it can be set to perfectly match whatever your interior lighting color is or whatever you desire.

Mine matches the hvac controls and the rest.

Badass stuff costs Badass money lol
    Are they weighted? I was looking at weighted knobs that were going to be about $150 anyway... Might consider one like yours if I can get my hands on one for 200. Some site called "Alibaba" or some stupid shit seems to have a few vendors. Waiting on responses for prices.

No unfortunately they're not weighted, however they are unique and very rare Seen. I picked mine up off of eBay.

joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    No offense to anybody else, but these are the FIRST set of aftermarket rims I've seen that I actually liked. I personally think the stock or accessory wheels look great on these cars but these wheels look really freaking good. Your whole car is sick. Kudos...

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

Wheels look pretty good actually. Digging the steering wheel job a lot. Looking forward to seeing more pics as I'd love to do something similar along with a suede shifter boot and V2 knob. That said, any thoughts on the safety implications? Would it impede proper airbag deployment (it bursts through and breaks the plastic right?). I run 6 points so I don't know how much benefit the air bag provides anyway though.

There's a special thread just for airbags, you can see the line if you look closely. The beige line is for looks only.

Thanks for the picture. However, please note that the airbag does not split the plastic piece down the center.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.