V seats question..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, V seats question.. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'm sure this info is somewhere but not having any luck...are regular cts seats the same fitment as the V ...
    Fearloathing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTSV

V seats question..

I'm sure this info is somewhere but not having any luck...are regular cts seats the same fitment as the V just without the seude inserts? Best place to get replacement seats? Mine just have normal wear and tear from being an 8 year old car...thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: V seats question..

Looking at pictures from ads on Ebay they don't appear to be significantly different. It's possible that the shape is the same but that the actual bolstering is firmer (different foam used), but I dunno. It's not like the V's seats are particularly firm, so my guess is the only difference is the suede inserts.

Thanks a lot...I guess GM is the only decent place to get replacement seats? I'm having zero luck finding them at salvage or on forums

kyle242gt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

My suede is getting ratty... looking at the upholstery design, seems like it would't be that big of a deal to replace the panels.

Pull the seats, remove the covers one step at a time, take to a local upholstery shop?

fweasel is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

I've seen at least two sets of front V seats on craigslist over the past two weeks. I search nationally, and don't recall where, but my point is they're out there. I agree, have the seats repaired at an auto upholsterer. It should be way less expensive than paying to ship heavy ass OEM replacement seats as you're unlikely to find any locally.

Very good idea! ^^ I'm gonna check into it.

eagle-co94 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '81 DMC-12, '85 Austin Mini, '96 Impala SS...

I've got a set of grey V seats in good shape if you're interested for $300. What is your location? Your profile isn't complete.

MarkFJ40 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTSV

www.katzkin.com
    Custom seat covers maybe?

ctsvoom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

Would be great except every place I've called doesn't sell ctsv covers. Talking to Classic Soft Trim they told me that last they knew Cadillac/GM wouldn't release the pattern or patent something like that for anyone to make the covers. If Cadillac won't offer much they should get off their asses and let someone else do it for us V owners that need replacements. There's definitely a market out there as everyone's cars are reaching that almost 10 yr mark.

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

Sparcos.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.