Another Wheel question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Another Wheel question in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Alright there is a good chance I may be shunned for even posting this but, I am going to do ...
    xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Another Wheel question

Alright there is a good chance I may be shunned for even posting this but, I am going to do it anyways. We all know that wheels are something of a sore subject for us V1 guys. I saw these just randomly browsing

http://www.fortewheel.com/wheels/f56

Specs look pretty decent. Not sure I love the look but its hard to tell as most of the images are of non lowered cars with wheels clearly way too big for them. From looking at the wheels they seem like they would fit and the way the spoke bends out it looks like it would probably clear our calipers maybe a 3mm or so spacer?

Anyone have any thoughts about possible fitment of these?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Another Wheel question

You need a 42 mm offset. Biggest I saw was 35.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

rand49er are you sure? I thought we could use anything between 35-45 but, thanks for the input looks like I will pass.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

To each his own, of course, but I'm not a fan of the black wheel / machined face look that has become increasingly popular the past few years. I think the wheels would look better if they were a solid color.

20x8.5 +35mm would stick out less (by 1/8" or so) than the 18x9" +38mm Team Dynamics wheels that many of us have. So, that part of the fitment seems OK. The caliper clearance part is an unknown, though. The only picture of a car that looked like it had big brakes was the Mustang, but I think those were fake caliper covers.

The slammed older Caddy (pictures 10 and 11) looks frickin' badass!
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by xbladr View Post
    rand49er are you sure? I thought we could use anything between 35-45 but, thanks for the input looks like I will pass.
    42 is OEM, but listen to Pat ... he's done more with wheels than I have.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Guys this is a ton of great info thanks so much! Yea the car i was looking at specifically to compare it to is the Mustang. The slammed caddy is pretty sweet though. I was on the fence with the wheels and not even sure I love them but i have a set of hankook evo v12's in 20" sitting here and would like to put them to use. I was thinking the srx 20's but at only 8" wide the 275's i have here may be an issue. The wheels look pretty stupid on some of the other cars like the ford and the grand prix/am not sure which it was.

I am going to make some calls i think on these and if anyone is interested (doubt many are) i will let you know how it turns out.

I wish we could rock some weld 17's like the v2 guys as that would be killer but we will have to make do with what we have

kyle242gt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

If wheels are your thing, you can convert to five lug...

The cost of converting just does not make a ton of sense at least to me otherwise id just go with a custom set

After making calls these will not fit according to the guys over at Forte

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.