opinions needed on tinted windows.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, opinions needed on tinted windows. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; well another question for you guys. i have a black car with a set of black wheels coming and the ...
    mj23 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

opinions needed on tinted windows.

well another question for you guys. i have a black car with a set of black wheels coming and the question for you guys is does the car look better with or without tinted windows? i think conventionally the answer is yes, but for some reason there are alot of tinted windows out there that look cheesy to me. for isntance inside my friends car it looks like its' purple from the inside. well anyways feedback would be appreciated as always.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: opinions needed on tinted windows.

There are different color tints out there. Just make sure you ask for tint that doesn't have a blue hue.

darvish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 sedan , 11 Wagon

And if you use a radar detector.... make sure there are no metallic components to the tint... the tinter will tell you which has metal in it.

Bill
    St Louis

JOEYCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Usually cheap tint fades to purple after awhile from just being in the sun all the time. Also, make sure you clean your windows with a "tint safe" cleaner. Using the wrong chemicals can also do this.

Groo-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If the tint's done right on a black car (i.e. no blue'ish or green'ish), there's nothing better. Make sure you get it done at someplace reputable that offers a lifetime guarantee. I have had a lot of people comment on the tint on my black V. It also hides the Valentine a bit better.

mj23 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

why no mettallic components in the tint?

darvish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 sedan , 11 Wagon

Any metallic component of the tint will reduce the range of a omnidirectional radar detector such as the V1. Plus.... and this is only a guess on my part.... will increase your RCS... radar cross section.. the target you present to the tax collector with the radar gun... AKA traffic cop.

Bill
    St Louis

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

This is how different percentages look on different color cars..

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/tint/index.html

Me personally, I like tint, but I have been waiting until this weekend (one full year) for my onstar to expire before REMOVING the wart on my rear window (AKA onstar antenna- yes I have an 04)... Tint will happen in the next week or so (3m or lumar only).

Reed

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by darvish
    Any metallic component of the tint will reduce the range of a omnidirectional radar detector such as the V1
    I have found this to NOT be the case in my experience with my V, either that or the difference so slight (and I have full metallic LLUMAR on all my glass including the windshield) that it's unmeasurable.

YMMV.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.