Recaro seats?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Recaro seats? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Has anyone here thought about or already installed Recaro seats into their V? The factory black leather/suede seats in my ...
    vcaddy06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 Black Raven CTS-V

Recaro seats?

Has anyone here thought about or already installed Recaro seats into their V? The factory black leather/suede seats in my '06 V weren't in that great of condition when I bought the car and only gotten worse. Was wondering rif anyone knew if these would fit and utilize factory frame and heat option.

----------

https://www.recaro-automotive.com/us.../style-xl.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BradCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2005 CTS-V

Re: Recaro seats?

I'm planning to install Recaro Speed seats next week. Since stock seatbelts are mounted into the seat, I ordered Wesco retrofit 3-pt belts...hoping there are mounting points already in the B-pillar and if not will weld in mounting points. Will also try to move the heat/airbag sensors from the stock seat to Recaro. Finally, to close the loop for the driver/passenger airbag you have to put an inline resistor....I'm hoping to get one from airbagsystems.com next week.

Thanks to others who have provided a lot of info on this mod....I will post pics when this is done.

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Please post as many pics and technical details as possible. There have been a number of discussions about this, but the 3-point belts in particular have only been speculated about - I don't think I've ever seen any pics.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Isaacs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

I pulled off my B pillar panel hoping for a factory mounting option....no such luck. Idk about welding in a mount. The sheetmetal is a bit thin IMO.

vcaddy06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 Black Raven CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaacs
    I pulled off my B pillar panel hoping for a factory mounting option....no such luck. Idk about welding in a mount. The sheetmetal is a bit thin IMO.
    D**n. That sucks. Anyone know where or how I could get my hands on a newer set of front seats? Or maybe should just have them reupholstered.

Thanks, good to see this. I will have to check with some experts to see what can be done. The first thing that comes to mind is to insert threaded steel plate behind the existing slotted sheet metal.

ctsv247 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

Quote Originally Posted by BradCTSV View Post
    Thanks, good to see this. I will have to check with some experts to see what can be done. The first thing that comes to mind is to insert threaded steel plate behind the existing slotted sheet metal.
    I agree. Mounting the belts shouldn't be to difficult because this is a nice flat clean surface to work with.

Which type of wesco belts were you looking at and would it make sense to try and mount some kind of GM pillar mounted, retractable belt instead so that you could use the existing buckle assembly?

Here are the Wesco 3 pt. belts I ordered which are designed to mount on a b-pillar. They are retractable and I think they will work just fine. The biggest issue is figuring out all the airbag and seatbelt sensors. Car goes into the shop next Tues and I'm hopeful we can figure it all out. I've also been talking to some companies that specialize in airbags.

Link to 3pt seatbelts:
    http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/resebe.html

20130905_170243-001.jpg

Attached is a picture of my recaro seat project in progress. The 3 point belts are mounted in the B-pillar and almost done...luckily the factory had a threaded point to mount the seat belt retractor and a plate will be mounted for the shoulder point. We are still working on the airbag and passenger pressure sensor but using the schematic we will work this out.

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

More peek-shuhs, pleez!!!
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Very nice....those seats looks perfect in there!

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Well done!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I'm squidging right now!

----------

But why is this in appearance?

Thanks for the feedback. Iwill post a bunch of pics in the next few days...busy getting the bracket fabbed for the passenger side and working on the airbag sensors.

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

Keep us updated. I need some airbag sensors to get rid of the warning and light every time I get in my car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.