Recaro seats? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Recaro seats? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; The PPS sensor is the one I'm interested in defeating. I've got the other 4 airbag codes beat....
    jclayc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Re: Recaro seats?

The PPS sensor is the one I'm interested in defeating. I've got the other 4 airbag codes beat.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by jclayc View Post
    I've got the other 4 airbag codes beat.
    Using... ???
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

jclayc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

There's a thread http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3175348

solution is four 2.7 ohm resistors (from radioshak) spliced in - two per side, one for the airbag circuit and one for the seatbelt tensioner. The trouble codes can then be turned off and will stay off. (Airbag trouble codes didn't show on my cheap handheld but could be pulled and cleared w software.) ScanXL is what I used.

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

Cool, I'll have to check that out. Currently living in an apartment though, so can't really do anything on my car myself currently. I have an '04 so no passenger side specific sensor.

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

Maybe a stupid question but is there anybody out there that offers that seat in a tan color that matches our factory interior close enough? I always only see them in black? Would like the weight savings and firmness of the seat but would like it to match the car somewhat.

BDV

BradCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2005 CTS-V

P1020258.JPG

These are my Recaro Speed seats in leather along with the 3pt Wesco Performance seatbelts installed in the b-pillar. These are a great mod as I can now focus on driving hard in the corners without sliding or bracing myself. I need to lower the seats as I used the Recaro race steel sidemounts but since there aren't enough adjustment holes I'm going to use a different brand of race mount; notice in the rear they drilled slots. The b-pillar has a bolt hole at the bottom to mount the seatbelt retractor, for the upper mount we used a steel plate behind the b-pillar. Thanks to jclayc and airbagsystems.com I got the resistors to handle the side airbag and seatbelt sensor. However, still need to address the passenger presence sensor which was in passenger seat....so have an airbag light and front airbags are shut down for a short bit until I have a switch made. This is coming soon.
    jclayc and Espi like this.

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by BradCTSV View Post

These are my Recaro Speed seats in leather along with the 3pt Wesco Performance seatbelts installed in the b-pillar. These are a great mod as I can now focus on driving hard in the corners without sliding or bracing myself. I need to lower the seats as I used the Recaro race steel sidemounts but since there aren't enough adjustment holes I'm going to use a different brand of race mount; notice in the rear they drilled slots. The b-pillar has a bolt hole at the bottom to mount the seatbelt retractor, for the upper mount we used a steel plate behind the b-pillar. Thanks to jclayc and airbagsystems.com I got the resistors to handle the side airbag and seatbelt sensor. However, still need to address the passenger presence sensor which was in passenger seat....so have an airbag light and front airbags are shut down for a short bit until I have a switch made. This is coming soon.
    Do you have anymore info/pictures on the install? Specifically curious about the mounting of your three points. Also did this raise or lower the overall seat height? at 6'4" i need the lowest seating position possible.

Isaacs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    Do you have anymore info/pictures on the install? Specifically curious about the mounting of your three points.
    X2

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

And X3. I'd love to see how the mods were done inside the B-pillar, how the B-pillar trim was modified to allow the belt to come out, etc.

BradCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2005 CTS-V

I wont be able to post pics till next week...traveling. I need to lower the seats but since I already had the recaro side mounts just wanted to get them in. If you are tall you would wantto omit the side mounts completely.

Isaacs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by BradCTSV View Post
    I wont be able to post pics till next week...traveling.
    Don't leave us hanging lol

Do you have anymore info/pictures on the install? Specifically curious about the mounting of your three points. Also did this raise or lower the overall seat height? at 6'4" i need the lowest seating position possible.
    Depending on how you go about it, there is a lot of headroom to be gained. Mine sit way lower than stock.

OP, seats look great. I need to add in some traditional three points some time. I don't mine the 6 points that much even on the street, but it's a huge hassle if I ever have passengers and they end up not wearing them properly.

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd View Post
    Depending on how you go about it, there is a lot of headroom to be gained. Mine sit way lower than stock.

OP, seats look great. I need to add in some traditional three points some time. I don't mine the 6 points that much even on the street, but it's a huge hassle if I ever have passengers and they end up not wearing them properly.
    You are running sparco chronos with the sparco universal mounting kit, correct?

You are running sparco chronos with the sparco universal mounting kit, correct?
    Sparco Evos using their sidemounts along with some custom fab'ed work to the floor.

UteCTS V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS V

Those look sweet! Can you post a general step by step process as well as cost estimates? Wondering if it is worth it from a cost/time perspective. thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.