cheapest place to get plasti dip
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, cheapest place to get plasti dip in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Where do you guys buy plasti dip from? I want to black out my grilles and paint headlight surrounds, I ...
    seeyouinajif is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

cheapest place to get plasti dip

Where do you guys buy plasti dip from? I want to black out my grilles and paint headlight surrounds, I like the fact that for the headlights if I mess up I can peel this junk off. Where's the cheapest place to buy a spray can of this stuff? I just need one can of black, unless I love it and maybe I'll do my roof too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

platinum_V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 platinum Cts-V

Re: cheapest place to get plasti dip

Walmart is most likely the cheapest place. I was so happy with it, that I ended up painting my whole car with it.

stever06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

If you have a Menards near you they should have it for about $6.00 bucks.

No Menards, never heard of it!

Didn't realize walmart carried the stuff, I'll shoot over there for sure. Definitely not doing the whole car, at most would be grille, roof, and if I get the raised fiberglass hood just do raised part.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    You'll want at least two cans for the grilles...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    You'll want at least two cans for the grilles...
    Really? Maybe ill just rattle can the grilles and save the plasti for the headlight surrounds.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    Quote Originally Posted by seeyouinajif

Really? Maybe ill just rattle can the grilles and save the plasti for the headlight surrounds.

I would splurge and spend an extra $6. Rattle can on the grill will look like shite in no time. My plastidip still looks great. Definitely worth it. In my opinion, the headlight surrounds would look better with a nice gloss black and some clear coat over it. The gloss looks much better on the light. However, depending how good of a job you want to do, that may turn into much more than you bargained for (full front bumper removal etc.).

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

On the grilles are you guys doing the chrome surround too or just the mesh? I have seen both and not sure what I would do. I think just the mesh but thinking about doing them when I hit the rims up.

BDV

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    I used 1 can per wheel and had some left over in each can. I would get 2 cans if you were going to do the grilles and emblems all together. Put on a lot of layers too. I didn't put on enough layers on the wheels. Its stuck for over a year so far so I'm not going to mess with it but I'll probably double the amount t on each wheel I put down. Just remember the more coats you do the better t will stay AND conversely the easier it will peel off.

joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX
    I used 1 can per wheel and had some left over in each can. I would get 2 cans if you were going to do the grilles and emblems all together. Put on a lot of layers too. I didn't put on enough layers on the wheels. Its stuck for over a year so far so I'm not going to mess with it but I'll probably double the amount t on each wheel I put down. Just remember the more coats you do the better t will stay AND conversely the easier it will peel off.
    This x2!!!

I thought I had enough on my wheels (looked good in the garage when I did it) but I did not! Wish I had done twice as many coats! More is better with this stuff.

As far as the grill surround, I looked at a lot of pictures of both and decided that I personally like it better leaving the chrome on the grill surround. To each their own though.

jcollege is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V

Home Depot had it for around 6 or 7 bucks. I used almost 2 cans doing both of my grills. Has held up solid for over a year.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

+1 on the plasti dip over regular spray. Walmart is cheapest around for pretty much any spray products that I have found. It's still only maybe a $1 more at home depot or lowes.

Becker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 black with tan V

I will be doing my grill surroundings soon, leaving the mesh chrome and doing all the trim. Should I plasti dip or vinyl my trim peices??? which would look closer to the black paint on the car and not be too noticeable. Any input?

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
    Plasti dip does not match the black raven paint. Its a matte finish. Noticeable from up close but not really from far away.

I used it on my grill and trim anyway and liked it.

Maybe I have this backwards then, regular spray for the headlight surrounds and plasti dip for grilles. I also plan on doing the emblem and chrome surround.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.