Lowering springs
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Lowering springs in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I apologize in advance but I ran a search and could not find what i was looking for so could ...
  1. #1
    vcaddy06's Avatar
    vcaddy06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 Black Raven CTS-V
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Palm Beach County, FL
    Posts
    168

    Lowering springs

    I apologize in advance but I ran a search and could not find what i was looking for so could anyone point me in the direction of where to purchase H&R lowering springs and what all is needed for lowering the car. Please and thank you!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    vcaddy06's Avatar
    vcaddy06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 Black Raven CTS-V
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Palm Beach County, FL
    Posts
    168
    No one?

  4. #3
    2007ThunderV's Avatar
    2007ThunderV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts v
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by vcaddy06
    No one?
    Got my h & r springs off eBay
    I used Mighty Mouse spacers for the rear shocks
    That's all that's needed
    You might find a used set in the classifieds now and again from guys upgrading to coil overs

  5. #4
    vcaddy06's Avatar
    vcaddy06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 Black Raven CTS-V
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Palm Beach County, FL
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007ThunderV

    Got my h & r springs off eBay
    I used Mighty Mouse spacers for the rear shocks
    That's all that's needed
    You might find a used set in the classifieds now and again from guys upgrading to coil overs
    Ok Thanks thunder. Spacers not needed in front? No end links?

  6. #5
    2007ThunderV's Avatar
    2007ThunderV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts v
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    481
    Nope just a straight coil swap
    I just put mine in last week
    Pretty straight forward
    [IMG][/IMG]

  7. #6
    vcaddy06's Avatar
    vcaddy06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 Black Raven CTS-V
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Palm Beach County, FL
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007ThunderV
    Nope just a straight coil swap
    I just put mine in last week
    Pretty straight forward
    [/IMG]
    Awesome. Thanks a bunch thunder.

  8. #7
    NCOGNITO's Avatar
    NCOGNITO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V - Black Raven
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    278
    I'm surprised that you didn't find anything on the springs, there is an overwhelming amount of information here and on LS1Tech on this subject. A simple google search will tell you the H&R spring part number and many threads about spacers .... Just saying!

    https://www.google.com/search?q=CTS-V+h%26r+springs

    - H&R spring part # is 50781 - google for it - cheapest price will come down to the spring and shipping cost (redline360.com has them for $258ish)
    - MM spacer kit for the rear
    - McMaster Carr Rubber spacers and Z06 endlinks are recommended, iirc

    For not much more expense (+$200) you can avoid the H&R springs, spacers etc. an go to a full coilover setup with adjustable height for $529: http://www.ground-control-store.com/...ion.php/II=715

  9. #8
    vcaddy06's Avatar
    vcaddy06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 Black Raven CTS-V
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Palm Beach County, FL
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by NCOGNITO
    I'm surprised that you didn't find anything on the springs, there is an overwhelming amount of information here and on LS1Tech on this subject. A simple google search will tell you the H&R spring part number and many threads about spacers .... Just saying!

    https://www.google.com/search?q=CTS-V+h%26r+springs

    - H&R spring part # is 50781 - google for it - cheapest price will come down to the spring and shipping cost (redline360.com has them for $258ish)
    - MM spacer kit for the rear
    - McMaster Carr Rubber spacers and Z06 endlinks are recommended, iirc

    For not much more expense (+$200) you can avoid the H&R springs, spacers etc. an go to a full coilover setup with adjustable height for $529: http://www.ground-control-store.com/...ion.php/II=715
    Really? I didn't know coilover setup was that cheap for our cars. Do not need the spacers or endlinks with the coilovers? I'll prolly go that route now. Thanks. I did search the forum and did find threads related to lowering springs, but not the info I was looking for which is where guys on here are getting them the cheapest, where to purchase the spacers, etc. But thanks again for the info. Much appreciated.

  10. #9
    mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    171

    Re: Lowering springs

    I didn't know coilover setup was that cheap for our cars.
    the stock fronts are already coilovers.

  11. #10
    NCOGNITO's Avatar
    NCOGNITO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V - Black Raven
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by vcaddy06

    Really? I didn't know coilover setup was that cheap for our cars. Do not need the spacers or endlinks with the coilovers? I'll prolly go that route now. Thanks. I did search the forum and did find threads related to lowering springs, but not the info I was looking for which is where guys on here are getting them the cheapest, where to purchase the spacers, etc. But thanks again for the info. Much appreciated.
    I'm on my mobile otherwise I could have provided better links. I did some research earlier this year when trying to find a good deal on the springs (after buying the spacers) and ultimately decided that I would go coilover or not lower at all, due to the grade of my driveway.

    Z06 end links are still recommended if you're dropping the front, regardless of the spring/coilover route, but not required. A number of folks have snapped the stock ones after lowering.

    The MM spacers can be purchased on LS1Tech for $60ish or you can google Dave Childress/Mightymouse spacers and he does have a storefront where you can get his contact info if you need these.

    Good luck with whichever route you go.

  12. #11
    thefulmonty_07 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sierra Vista, Arizona
    Posts
    117

    Re: Lowering springs


  13. #12
    vcaddy06's Avatar
    vcaddy06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 Black Raven CTS-V
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Palm Beach County, FL
    Posts
    168
    Very tempting. But now I'm torn between the coilover's for $500-$550 and they are adjustable when the springs are not. Really appreciate all you're guys' help and info. Was gonna sell the car, but now I'm back into the swing of modding it.

  14. #13
    thefulmonty_07 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sierra Vista, Arizona
    Posts
    117

    Re: Lowering springs

    newphoto5.jpg

    My whip with H&R and MM spacers.

  15. #14
    joshuajohn1981's Avatar
    joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    33
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by thefulmonty_07
    <img src="http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=138761"/>

    My whip with H&R and MM spacers.


    I like your style...
    No but really, I like the stance. Looks good.

  16. #15
    NCOGNITO's Avatar
    NCOGNITO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V - Black Raven
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by thefulmonty_07
    <img src="http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=138761"/>

    My whip with H&R and MM spacers.
    Love the wheels, what did you do to them? Powdercoat?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting