help with wheels & lowering
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, help with wheels & lowering in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; well guys the car is only 2 days old and i can't leave it stock. i am gonna add some ...
    mj23 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

help with wheels & lowering

well guys the car is only 2 days old and i can't leave it stock. i am gonna add some performance upgrades but first i mus lower with some rims. now before anyone blasts i did a search and i didn't find anything to specific of what i want to know. first of all can i lower with 20's? will the increased size of wheels rob me of some performance, or even though larger they will still be lighter/wider and actually help performance? i was gonna go with a conservative eibach spring kit and put some hre 546 black with a polished lip. played out or not that will look absolutely breathtaking. can i go staggered without chopping anything up or doing any major modification? and if so how wide can i go in fornt/ back? so that is my list of demanding questions, and i am very greatful for any feedback. thanks in advance to all who respond.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

V-seriesTech is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: help with wheels & lowering

Quote Originally Posted by mj23
    well guys the car is only 2 days old and i can't leave it stock. i am gonna add some performance upgrades but first i mus lower with some rims. now before anyone blasts i did a search and i didn't find anything to specific of what i want to know. first of all can i lower with 20's? will the increased size of wheels rob me of some performance, or even though larger they will still be lighter/wider and actually help performance? i was gonna go with a conservative eibach spring kit and put some hre 546 black with a polished lip. played out or not that will look absolutely breathtaking. can i go staggered without chopping anything up or doing any major modification? and if so how wide can i go in fornt/ back? so that is my list of demanding questions, and i am very greatful for any feedback. thanks in advance to all who respond.

First off, i'm down with the Black wheels, they look sick, and always will.

Our front end guy just put a set of Eibach springs on a V,...the car had 20's(all wrong for the car, but whatever, very heavy ) and the only place it rubbed was on a bad dip in the road, on the left front wheel. Other then that, it was good. Honestly, if you want my opinion, and your gonna spend the money on HRE's,..you might as well call Mallet and ask them about there mini tub kit. No not cheap but, the abolute best way to go to fit the most amount of rubber underneath your car.

http://www.mallettcars.com/images/ct...ck-565x307.jpg

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

You could put 22" rims and have no rubbing issues, as long as the tire and wheel width and offset was same as stock.

Rickerbucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You will also need to chnage out the shocks and I gather that pretty expensive as well. We have some fancy type of self leveling shocks in our cars and new springs alone will NOT lower the car.

Although I generally LIKE 20's, I think our car NEEDS to be lowered or else things don't look right for my money.

Dreamin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 V

Our front end guy just put a set of Eibach springs on a V,...
    V-Tech, what shocks is your shop using?

yes i agree. i was thinking some wide staggered 19's would look more sporty instead of more bling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin
    V-Tech, what shocks is your shop using?

The owner of this particular car, just wanted to springs. So,..that car retained the stock shocks. The parts that we get are not all up to me. They are left to the parts manager. I have mentioned shocks to him, and he told me about the performance GM option'd shock package. I havent had alot of time to research yet, but i'll look into it. Personally i'd like to see something a little more hard core. Someone emailed me about a set of HAL's they were possiably going to get there hands on. Any Ideas?

KONI/HAL/tokiko/etc etc?

I'd go with a 19", with maybe a 9" width front, and an 11" or wider rear. Mini tubbed ofcourse. I like the HRE look but, FIKSE is the ligest, badest wheel out their.

yeah i talked to the guy at my local shop and he said that he could do just the eibach springs kit and hre 20'' and thats all it would take. no cutting spacing or anything. the was gonna go 9inch in the front and 10inch in the rear. is this too good to be true? and even with a custom 3 piece wheel won't they still be lighter than the stock wheels therefore not hindering performance?

and with the wider rubber and lowering i think it will handle better, i am just concerned about the wheels being heavier and hindering acceleration.

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Well, I bit the bullet.. I bought a set of 19's today.. 6 weeks and counting!

I cant wait..:drinker

CTS-VPaco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Raven/Ebony CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by lasstss
    Well, I bit the bullet.. I bought a set of 19's today.. 6 weeks and counting!

I cant wait..:drinker
    Me, too. iForged Aero's. 19x9 and 19x10's. Polished to compliment the grille on my black V. :coolgleam

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I know wheels are a subjective thing and an expensive option but I like this outfits wheels. Im low on the bling scale so polished wheels are out.

Check them out.

http://www.dpengineering.cc/

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

I liked every wheel on the site except the R20. Every single wheel on there looked first class not overdone and not underdone. Just right. You made a wise choice. :coolgleam

markbinkc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V coupe

Nice looking wheels. I'm kinda poor, so I ordered the iforged retro 20's 8.5 front and 10in on the rears, with gloss black and a polished lip.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.