Zaino.......it's the best. - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree31Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Zaino.......it's the best. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I've used Zaino for years too. i wanted to get my new to me 04 cleaned up and something on ...
    vms4evr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

Re: Zaino.......it's the best.

I've used Zaino for years too. i wanted to get my new to me 04 cleaned up and something on it. I use the ICE since it is quick and simple. Gives a pretty good shine for quick and easy. I did use my Zaino leather clean/condition and do like that a lot. Also used their tire gel. Still have a couple of bottles of Z2 and Z5 and some accelerant. I've used that before when I needed to get done quicker and didn't want to deal with the drying time. It works but you have to be careful with it. Mine is old now so I'll trash it. I also bought a Porter Cable DA that was real popular. I've used that enough times to know that I'd rather do it by hand with Zaino. The stuff does not require hard pressure putting on or taking off from my memory.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    They recommend not putting Z5 over Z2.
    What about over the Z86 or Zp00p?

jamesdem1123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V

Zaino is great on some colors. I loved it on my old metallic gray ranger and white mustang, but it didnt give me as deep of a color on black that I like. It makes it shiny as heck, but not as deep as I wanted. Their leather and tire stuff is amazing though. My last detail was:

Porter cable/Meguires m105/orange pad
    Porter Cable/Menzerna po85rd/white pad
    Hand/Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint sealant 3.0/microfiber
    Hand/Pinnacle Souveran/Microfiber

MUCH deeper of a black and plenty shiny, too. Doesnt last nearly as long as zaino though. I good coat of zaino can almost last a year.

----------

lollygagger8 likes this.

Planktron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 5M Luxury/Sport: V rear bumper and V exhaust
    Anyone using Collinite's? I've been using their No. 925 boat wax for about 10 years. My regimen is pretty simple... Wash, clay bar, wash, wax, then I use turtle wax ice as a QD. The 925 gives it a pretty deep reflection, and the ice gives it a shallow shinyness. When you put them together it turns out quite nice.

I've always waxed all windows except the windshield, and I do all the lenses also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black

i have 845 but have yet to try it. waiting for some downtime to do some correction first before application. used 126 on a panel of another car and works fine.

Planktron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 5M Luxury/Sport: V rear bumper and V exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by mackey View Post
    i have 845 but have yet to try it. waiting for some downtime to do some correction first before application. used 126 on a panel of another car and works fine.
    I used 845 once. Reading the packaging, the protection seems incredible. It didn't give me the results of 925 though. My uncle actually uses 925 but as a QD. He waters it down and puts it in a spray bottle!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.