Zaino.......it's the best. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Zaino.......it's the best. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Wash with Dawn. Clay bar. Wash with Z7. Z5. Z6. Z5. Z6. Z2. Z6 or Z8. Replace arm....
    PISNUOFF Guest

Re: Zaino.......it's the best.

Wash with Dawn.
    Clay bar.
    Wash with Z7.
    Z5.
    Z6.
    Z5.
    Z6.
    Z2.
    Z6 or Z8.
    Replace arm.

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Wash with Dawn.
    Clay bar.
    Wash with Z7.
    Z5.
    Z6.
    Z5.
    Z6.
    Z2.
    Z6 or Z8.
    Replace arm.
    LOL awesome

2007ThunderV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts v

This is a 3 stage menzera paint correction topped with wolfgang v3 sealer
    Car looks like a sheet of glass
    I have used zanio in the past and liked it , I find the wolfgang is a bit more reflective on metallic colors
    I use a rotary however , but I restore paint for a living 50 hours a week
    I have seen my fair share of bad DIY rotary and dual action jobs that get sent my way to repair

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Everyone's car looks great. It's making me feel guilty about the shitty state mine is in.

Here's an even better question. How does everyone avoid getting all kinds of rock chips and what not? I've got a ton of them, and I've always gotten a ton of them, on pretty much every car I've owned.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by mstrjon32 View Post
    Everyone's car looks great. It's making me feel guilty about the shitty state mine is in.

Here's an even better question. How does everyone avoid getting all kinds of rock chips and what not? I've got a ton of them, and I've always gotten a ton of them, on pretty much every car I've owned.
    A clear bra will eliminate them (mine has), but once you get them, I don't know the best way to fix them.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Be faster than the guy in front of you?

2007ThunderV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts v
    If road rash is minor it can be greatly reduced my wet sanding and polishing then follow up with a few coats of your favourite lsp
    I always recommend to my customers that daily there cars to get the clear film done like Rander said
    If the rash is deep best option is repaint or reclear the affected areas
    Iam not a fan of touch ups on rash

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Don't drive on the highway. I swear that's where all chips come from.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by JD03Cobra View Post
    Car looks amazing! Damn those wheels. Tell me you can pull on that SHO
    I can't hang from a dig. I'm peeling out in 1st and 2nd while he is just AWD'ing away from me lol.

We did 30-40+ and I pulled a car length on him and we ran out of road both times. The thing is really fn fast. I don't know how much psi they crank those turbos up to with that tune, but it's all you can hear. It's pretty sweet.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Wash with Dawn.
    Clay bar.
    Wash with Z7.
    Z5.
    Z6.
    Z5.
    Z6.
    Z2.
    Z6 or Z8.
    Replace arm.
    I go with...

Wash.
    Drive.

I may try their 1-step AIO stuff at some point, but there's not a chance in hell I'll ever do a 9-step process.
    FoD likes this.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I go with...

Wash.
    Drive.

I may try their 1-step AIO stuff at some point, but there's not a chance in hell I'll ever do a 9-step process.
    That's my current system too. Sometimes I go to the automatic car wash and get the "wax" if it's on special...

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    You guys are lucky... My fiancee already complains about when I detail my car. I had to bribe her with a spa day just so she would let me clay bar and wax the V.
    tophat likes this.

JDemoney is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 DeVille

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    A clear bra will eliminate them (mine has), but once you get them, I don't know the best way to fix them.
    Clear bras are great. I just bought a 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited for my wife in March and the first thing I did was call and schedule an appointment to get that put on. The thing no one told me that I had to figure out for myself was that bugs and whatnot are very hard to wash off of the clear bra and using your fingernails when a car sponge doesn't work leaves scratches...a coat of wax took care of that.

repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Here's what I did to fix the paint chips on the front of my car. Worked incredible well, as you can see from the photos:

http://benjaminhunting.com/2010/10/d...em-that-works/
    lollygagger8 likes this.

joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo

Here's what I did to fix the paint chips on the front of my car. Worked incredible well, as you can see from the photos:

Very nice. Most of my paint is in excellent condition however my front lower bumper could really benefit from this. Thank you for the info as well as testing this on your own vehicle first.

NCOGNITO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V - Black Raven

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo View Post

I've used the Dr. Colorchip on the V and my wife's Oriental Blue E39 BMW. I have to admit that it worked better on the BMW than the V, how hard is BLACK to match anyway, LOL. On a serious note, the Dr. Colorchip MAY take multiple coats for really deep nicks, but I am absolutely impressed with the application process that doesn't end up looking like globs of touch up paint. It can be fairly time consuming and the smallest kit they make is a LOT of touch up paint, it's really the blending solution and cloths that you may run out of if you're trying to touch up the ENTIRE car and have a ton of chips you're dealing with.
    lollygagger8 and mackey like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.