Center consol arm rest part number?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Center consol arm rest part number? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I just got a 2005 CTS-V and the center arm rest is cracked on the bottom. Anyone have a part ...
    69stangscj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan, 69 Mustang Mach I

Center consol arm rest part number?

I just got a 2005 CTS-V and the center arm rest is cracked on the bottom. Anyone have a part number for that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Center consol arm rest part number?

Whatever you do, DON'T get a CTS-V arm rest. Call Luke Butler at Lindsay Cadillac (tel no. at right of screen) and buy a regular CTS arm rest/console.

You can thank me (and about fifty other guys) later.

FoD
    FoD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Randy...does the CTS console touch the base, or is it still "floating" like the V armrest? I know the CTS one comes with a storage compartment, but my new solid mounted DS makes my console rattle now (F*&^* annoying!), so I'm eventually going to break my current armrest by hitting it to alleviate the rattle.

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Whatever you do, DON'T get a CTS-V arm rest. Call Luke Butler at Lindsay Cadillac (tel no. at right of screen) and buy a regular CTS arm rest/console.

You can thank me (and about fifty other guys) later.
    what is the diffrence? Do you have a picture?

eagle-co94 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 V, '10 SRT8 Chlnger, '96 Impala SS, '85 Mini, '81 DMC-12

I can sell you the armrest off of my '05 V parts car for $50 shipped if you're interested. It's grey.

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

You may be able to fix it cheap. Mine was cracked and rattling for a while and I finally took it apart to see what was going on the other day.

There are two screws that screw into the bottom plate. The screw holes both busted out of the base plastic. I went down to the hardware store and spent $0.84 on two bolts/washers/nuts and it's good as new. The only down side is that when it's open you can see the silver bolt head on the bottom part of the armrest. I was going to paint them or find black screws, but it hasn't bothered me enough to change it.

I need black, thanks!

Plus the ouside of mine is pretty cracked like someone sat on it or something.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by FoD View Post
    Randy...does the CTS console touch the base, or is it still "floating" like the V armrest? I know the CTS one comes with a storage compartment, but my new solid mounted DS makes my console rattle now (F*&^* annoying!), so I'm eventually going to break my current armrest by hitting it to alleviate the rattle.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69stangscj View Post
    what is the diffrence? Do you have a picture?
    Lots of guys complained back in the day that their CTS-V armrests were breaking with the least amount of elbow force. Somewhere along the way somebody found out that the CTS console/armrest worked. It not only worked, but was far better strengthwise and storagewise than the CTS-V armrest, and it did not interfere with shifting at all.

Couldn't find pics on photobucket (they're on my desktop in the other room, and I'm NOT going to get up out this comfortable chair unless you paypal me $100), but I'm telling you it's one of those mods that you can't believe you didn't do yesterday. Seriously. It's a complete no brainer.

Here's a thread from back then: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...sole-sale.html

WakikiVee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Platinum CTS-V

Yup, listen to Randy...BEST interior mod I have done, well...aside from PISNUOFFs shifter. It still "floats" above the center compartment, but it also has it's own clamshell storage space and it's a lot taller so you can actually rest your elbow on it....

FoD

Quote Originally Posted by WakikiVee View Post
    Yup, listen to Randy...BEST interior mod I have done, well...aside from PISNUOFFs shifter. It still "floats" above the center compartment, but it also has it's own clamshell storage space and it's a lot taller so you can actually rest your elbow on it....
    Hmm...the current armrest is at the perfect height for my long monkey arms. Taller might be okay. Extra storage is always a plus...but if it floats as well, I need to figure out how to stop that infernal rattle!!!

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

If it's not broken, there shouldn't be any infernal rattle. Mine doesn't make a peep.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

76Y82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

This should give you an idea of what it looks like.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/armrest/

FoD

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    If it's not broken, there shouldn't be any infernal rattle. Mine doesn't make a peep.
    Do you have an aftermarket Driveshaft with billet couplers versus the soft, rubber flex disc? There are no visible signs of it being broken, and if I press down with my palm on the side of the hinge, the noise is suppressed.

Blown_Red_97z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTSV
    How much is the cts center arm rest? Mine is kind of chewed up and was just going to get the stock unit off eBay or something. Is it like $100?

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Lots of guys complained back in the day that their CTS-V armrests were breaking with the least amount of elbow force. Somewhere along the way somebody found out that the CTS console/armrest worked. It not only worked, but was far better strengthwise and storagewise than the CTS-V armrest, and it did not interfere with shifting at all.

Couldn't find pics on photobucket (they're on my desktop in the other room, and I'm NOT going to get up out this comfortable chair unless you paypal me $100), but I'm telling you it's one of those mods that you can't believe you didn't do yesterday. Seriously. It's a complete no brainer.

Here's a thread from back then: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...sole-sale.html
    ....hhahahaha....."paypal me $100".....now that is some funny stuff!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.